Class of 2021 MBB recruiting thread

Niners have contacted Illinois State transfer 6-1 sophomore PG DJ Horne of Raleigh. Third team all-Missouri Valley this season after averaging a team leading 15.1 ppg , as well as 3.7 rpg and 2.7 apg.

1 Like

And more:

Butler interview from 2020 prior to this season. Three sport athlete in high school - hoops, football (played QB), and T&F (javelin). Talks at length about labrum injury and subsequent surgery and recovery. Anyway, sounds like weā€™re getting a good player who is very passionate about basketball, as well as paninis!

1 Like

Munoz going to be wearing green - just not the Niner shade:

Thatā€™s quite the change in scenery. I go fishing not far from Longwood.

Niners have contacted UNCA transfer 6-2 junior PG DeVon Baker of Dayton, OH. Averaged 13 ppg this past season.

Niners have also contacted Gardner-Webb transfer 6-0 PG senior Jaheam Cornwall of Brooklyn, NY. Averaged 14.1 ppg and 3.8 apg this past season.

FWIW, Baker was one of five Bulldogs in double figures with 15 points when UNCA defeated the Niners 83-75 on December 3, 2019. Averaged 16.1 ppg as a frosh in 2018-19 and 16.5 ppg as a soph in 2019-20, which led the team both seasons.

Are Patriot league basketball players on scholarships these days?..I remember Feinstein wrote a book on this topic many years ago.

Patriot began allowing basketball scholarships in 1998.

We offered the 6-4 SG back in 2016 and made his ā€œfinal fourā€ along with Clemson, GT and South Carolina. Taking advantage of the extra year:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I like it. Not saying heā€™s an allstar but seems like def upgrade and also in depth over some of last yearā€™s players.

A coworker Clemson alum said he is real athletic and should be one of our best players.

Williams has some competition to fire his ass. Spots 1-3 will be competition.

2 Likes

Big !

I guarantee these two transfers are a step
Up from this years two!

1 Like

Those that were around remember the ā€œTrapp to Charlotteā€ theme. I think this is big.

Clyde Trapp jr highlights. Heā€™s definitely a hell of an athlete.

2 Likes