Class of 2022 Early Signing Period (Dec 15th - Dec 17th)

Do we have anyone coming in to star at safety? We need a hard hitting playmaker that can evolve into a captain.

We have dropped to 6th in CUSA on 247 which is 97th overall.

Not good when recruiting is supposed to be Healy’s strength

Charlotte Observer: Charlotte 49ers had a big signing day. Just as important? No one is transferring.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article256630256.html

I really do not follow recruiting but the fact that no scholarship players left is a big deal in my mind. Class looks ok and glad they are getting locals kids too but they will need to step it up in the portal and future classes as we build toward the AAC.

4 Likes

Maguire should play safety

Often times in these recruiting class rankings, with everything else being equal, the class with more players will rank higher. Just wait until Spring signing period is over.

We all know these rankings really don’t mean a whole lot. With that being said, in reviewing the rankings there are 3 teams ahead of us that have fewer players which means the perceived “quality” of our players is less. If you were to re-sort the rankings based on the player average rating we would be 11th in CUSA.

1 Like

“Player rankings” are a lot like political polling.

1 Like

Well, there it is. Did I hear that right? Nothing about shitty coaching on defense. It’s the players. I must have misunderstood something.

1 Like

Well buckle up NINER NATION, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. For ever how much longer it will last.

1 Like

Who will be our QB next season? Kind of important.

Did I miss something? Has Reynolds declared he’s leaving?

6 Likes

Merry Christmas to us! Chris is the gift that keeps on giving

6 Likes

I’m glad Reynold’s is coming back but I’m hoping we somehow can get a transfer that’s better and creates real competition and Healy starts whoever gives us the best chance to win.

2 Likes

I think Reynolds almost certainly starts next season but I hope we have a solid backup that could be the QB of the future.

2 Likes

Reynolds + some kind of reasonable defense could be fun…

…not sure about that second part.

Or with Reynolds injury issues, the QB of the present.