Class of 2023 MBB recruiting thread

Goes by “Chris” Okeke.

Has offers from Tulsa, New Mexico State and Central Michigan too. Wichita State had offered him last off-season as well.

His 247 a profile suggests he may have offers from Kansas St, Maryland, Arizona St, and Memphis too (or else it is old info like Wichita St):

He took an OV to Memphis in September.

1 Like

Guy looks like he’d be the best raw athlete we’d have since Coley.

Did he sign on with Sanchez?

No, I just meant if we landed him.

He does look scary. Like dunk or break your face scary

And yet another one time Niner target:

This is getting confusing. Are you guys trying to recruit for Sanchez?

It’s almost like the portal is divorce court, and some many chicks that rejected you (all) years ago have filed for therein, and the running assumptions and hopes are that the chicks are counting the minutes before they make amends with their past rejections.

Here is the best way to improve recruiting and get great new players: Get a great new coach who can coach and recruit

1 Like

Since it looks like Ron is back we might as well get the best players we can and run it back. Maybe Ron can win next year and get hired away.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I needed a good giggle. I am thinking more hopefully Sanchez gets some good players in, that way Dinkins will have something to work with soon after conference play starts

1 Like

Just reporting about players we’ve contacted, offered, etc. And since Sanchez has mentioned that we do re-recruit one time Niner targets who went elsewhere but then enter the transfer portal, thus the mentions of Withers, Dunn, Carter et al.

FWIW, I do wish we had recruited BJ Freeman. Hopefully not another 43 pt game tonight!

5 Likes

This is probably crazy, but it came to my mind today. I wonder if Biff could somehow help Ron close the deal on some higher level recruits and transfers when they visit. Not suggesting anything against the rules, but Biff just has that aura about him. I think he could probably help Ron, without much effort.

2 Likes

It’s his only hope because he ain’t recruiting any better than he is coaching

I think he definitely can and I wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t already offered help

1 Like

Biff ain’t recruiting hoops.

Just set us up some NIL money…don’t have to recruit!

Biff providing NIL money would be the one time the NCAA decides to act.

Can Biff lend the S&C coach and some body oil to the basketball team?

2 Likes

Its not so much recruiting, but maybe helping to close some deals.