Class of 2023 MBB recruiting thread

Not exactly shooting for the stars are we

1 Like

Going to repost this CBS Sports piece from another thread, with the FAU section quoted below:

2 Likes
1 Like

Feels like recruiting is getting back to where Price left off

1 Like

THIS.

After his 1st 2 classes seemed strongā€¦heā€™s done nothing since. Plusā€¦Every stud he got in those early classes ALL left early too.

His ceiling is .500 in CUSA with strong recruitsā€¦next year will be embarrassing.

2 Likes

The main problem with Price was he couldnā€™t land any of the elite players he was recruiting. Definitely recognized potential pro talent when he saw it.

Transfer portal rules changed since Ron was hired. That has lots of effect on recruiting/retention of players.

1 Like

Player from Huntersville. As I have noted before, we didnā€™t recruit. Anyway, apparently when a Marshall player enters the portal - even one recognized as the 2023 Sun Belt Conference FOY - he is given the Leon Trotsky treatment as Handlogtenā€™s bio has been stricken from the Herd website!

Just canā€™t understand how we let kids like this right in our back yard leave without even offering. I really just donā€™t understand what Ron is looking for in a big man. Yet we will travel the far corners of the earth & find gems like Rissetto.

1 Like
2 Likes

See that Ezewiro will be transferring to his third program. Freshman year at LSU before landing at Georgetown. Looks like he sat out a year between the two so not sure if heā€™d have to do so again. Pretty modest stats at both P6 schools.

2 Likes

Looks like entire frontcourt at Georgetown is in the portal as 7-0 Malcolm Wilson of Columbia is transferring to Queens and 6-11 Qudus Wahab is doing something very interesting - started at Georgetown, transferred to Maryland, then back to Georgetown this season, and now leaving again!

1 Like

I read Wilson was a student manager one year at Georgetown because Ewing brought in to many recruits and did not have enough scholarships. One of their bigs got hurt so he was put back on the team.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1641862806126448645

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1641564361872363521

Seems like every player has heard from the same schools.

Just let me know when we actually sign someoneā€¦ :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Re-posting this:

CHARLOTTE COMMITS

Nick Richart 6-10 C/F

Offered - Uncommitted

Brandon White 6-10 C

Offered - Committed elsewhere

Gai Choi - Mississippi State
Freddie Dilione - Tennessee
Spencer Elliott - Tulane
Kayden Fish - Iowa State
Mekhi Grant - Morehead State
Trey Green - Xavier
Tai Hamilton - William & Mary
Christian Jones - George Washington
Tyrese Proctor - reclassed to 2022 and signed with Duke
Amire Robinson - Nevada
Anthony Robinson - South Florida
Youssouf Singare - UConn
Sam Walters - Alabama
Isaiah Watts - Seton Hall
Jaydon Young - VA Tech

Ron batting 5.8% according to that list, and prior to aly entering the portal, I doubt our lone commit would have even played next year.