Class of 2023 MBB recruiting thread

See that FAU and Memphis in ATL too. Probably more AAC represented but recruiting writers typically just note the big names in attendance.

Mike Hill needs to fire Sanchez immediately. His ship is sunk. The hull is full of water and there is no bilge to bail it out. The only question in my mind is will the ship sink quietly away into obscurity, or will it explode or break into pieces.

This Is Fine GIF

Mike Hill has us right where he wants us.

Nero fiddles while Rome burns

mean girls whatever GIF

1 Like

Itā€™s OK. We have football and Coach Biff!

Itā€™s seriously beyond funny a this point.

He loses his top 2 playersā€¦youā€™d think there would be some urgency to hit the portal hard and fast and grab at least 1 stud.

But here we are WEEKS later without 1 commit and weā€™re relegated to recruiting against a laughable list of P10 and worse programs for players that averaged 6pts a game from another P10 or worse program. And weā€™re not landing them either!!!

Seriouslyā€¦anyoneā€¦name one thing Sanchez is doing right as it relates to ensuring the program is heading in the right direction. Just one.

High School GIF

1 Like

Whatā€™s a P10?

And we miss out on another target. Ron seriously might want to consider calling Tony Bennett & asking if that assistant spot is still open.

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Actually two AC spots at UVA open if I remember correctly.

Whatā€™s worse at this point, another year of Sanchez or firing Sanchez today and hiring the left overs of this hiring cycle to a 4-6 yr contract?

with the playing time we have available at center it really is concerning that no one has been signed

1 Like

I donā€™t mind taking a chance on a leftover, there are no guarantees anyway. Odom was a leftover we missed on.

1 Like

With the number of players weā€™ve been in contact with & zero commitments I think itā€™s a pretty good sign transfers arenā€™t interested & will probably only sign here when they realize they donā€™t have better options.

Latest update of transfer portal contacts (as of 4-22):

Player - former school - new school

Dame Adelekun 6-8 F - Dartmouth - Loyola Chicago

Zack Austin 6-5 F - High Point - Pitt

Javon Bennett 5-11 G - Merrimack - Dayton

Jaā€™Von Benson 6-7 F - South Carolina - ?

Jesus Carralero 6-8 F - Campbell - ?

Jonathan Cisse 6-1 G - Incarnate Word - ?

Ryan Conwell 6-4 G - South Florida - Indiana State

Tim Dalger 6-7 F - Tulsa - ?

Greg Dolan 6-3 G - Cornell - Loyola Chicago

Damian Dunn 6-5 G - Temple - Houston

Bradley Ezewiro 6-9 F - Georgetown - ?

Myles Foster 6-7 F - Monmouth - ?

Isiah Gaiter 6-3 G - Assumption (D2) - ?

Micah Handlogten 7-1 C - Marshall - Florida

Tyler Henry - 6-4 G - Southern Indiana - ?

Bryce Johnson 6-6 F - Sacred Heart - ?

Chaney Johnson 6-7 G - Alabama Huntsville (D2) - Auburn

Messiah Jones 6-6 F - Wofford - Towson

Keeshawn Kellman 6-9 F - Princeton - FGCU

BJ Mack 6-8 F - Wofford - ?

Javian McCollum 6-2 G - Siena - Oklahoma

Chance McMillian 6-3 G - Grand Canyon - Texas Tech

Abou Ousmane 6-10 F - North Texas - Xavier

Nicolas Pavrette 6-11 C - Central Michigan - George Mason

Josh Rivera 6-7 F - Lafayette - Fordham

Dontrez Styles 6-6 G - UNC-CH - Georgetown

Myles Tate 6-0 G - Butler - App State

Tanner Thomas 6-6 F - Sacred Heart - ?

Kareem Thompson 6-5 G - Oral Roberts - ?

Justin Wright 6-2 G - NC Central - Loyola Marymount

Are you seriously asking that? My guess is that youā€™re just trying to be an ass. But letā€™s do thisā€¦I got a few minutes.

Everyone knows what a P5 team isā€¦P10 is a slight about the quality of schools that we are competing with and the quality of schools the transfers are coming from.

For exampleā€¦
Bryce Johnson is from Sacred Heartā€¦that is FAR from a P5 school thus my P10 comment (they are actually from the 31st ranked Conference).
By the same tokenā€¦the schools we are competing against for Mr. Johnsonā€™s services like Elon or Marist or Northern Colorado or UTRGV (whatever that is) or Portland State are also schools from shit conferences.

We are not competing for P5 (this is what the national media has embraced as a moniker to refer to the top 5 conferences in the country) transfers nor are we competing against P5 (againā€¦typically the Power 5 conferences are the top 5 conferences by computer ratings) schools for their services.

Here we areā€¦going into a Conference that was self proclaimed P6 (againā€¦another play on P5ā€¦as if they are the 6th best conference)ā€¦and yet we are struggling to gain a commitment from ANY player now that includes players coming from conferences well beyond the top 10 conferencesā€¦which could be called P10 (I made that up btw as a play on the P5 moniker. Very clever as it obviously confused you).

Letā€™s put it to the testā€¦
Sacred Heart plays in the Northeast Conferenceā€¦they were the 31st rated bball conference (P31).
Montana is from the Big Sky Conferenceā€¦they were the 24th rated conference (P24)
Elon is from the CAAā€¦the 21st rated Conference (P21)
UC San Diego is from the Big West Conferenceā€¦the 17th rated conference (P17)
Portland State is from the Big Sky (P24 - see above)
UC Davis is from the Big West (P17 - see above)
Furman is from the SOuthern Conferenceā€¦the 23rd rated Conference (P23)
Marist is from the American East Conferenceā€¦the 21st rated Conference (P21)
Cornell is from the Ivy Leagueā€¦the 13th rated conference (P13)
IUPUI is from the Horizon conferenceā€¦the 25th rated conference (P25)
North Alabama is from the ASUN Conferenceā€¦the 17th rated conference (P17)
George Mason is from the A10ā€¦the 11th rated conference (P11)
Northeastern is from the CAA conferenceā€¦the 22nd rated conference (P22)

Does this at all make any sense to you now???

Do you get it yet??

We are going into the P6 conferenceā€¦and we are competing for talent against schools in conferences WAAAAAAYYY below that stature. My P10 comment in retrospect was far too generous. I really didnā€™t think it was that hard of a concept to understandā€¦and I know you were just trolling and being an ass.

But I hope this cleared it up just in case you were serious.

Your point would have been better served by saying B10 instead of P10 then.

Thanks! Seriously had never heard of it until today.