Clay sporting "Carolina"

Someone probably gave Clay that shirt to wear and he may not even know the difference.

I hope someone from the funny farm school in chapel is not trying to solicit Clay for a donation. That would really suck.

Someone probably gave Clay that shirt to wear and he may not even know the difference.

Please, he knows the difference. Little story, in the summer of 2000 I worked at the Y in Raleigh, with no other than Mr. Clay Aiken. I had a UNCC hat at the time (this was pre Charlotte 49er days, so thatā€™s all I could get). Clay says nothing about it, I then find out later that he attends Charlotte also. So I say something to the effect of thatā€™s cool, go niners, and he has a eh whatever attitude. He only went to Charlotte so he could get his special ed degree and move back to Raleigh to live there. Heā€™s in the middle of Crapel Hill land, he knows the difference. He just doesnā€™t care. Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s gay but he sure is odd.

Nice hair Aiken. Do you get it done where Judy Rose does?

[QUOTE=HP49er;288422]

Wanna have a bobblehead smashing event before a game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but only if the local media covers it.

[QUOTE=49er1;288423]Just when you couldnā€™t gag anymore. Hereā€™s what I warned about last year. And thereā€™s not a thing we can do about it. We tried. The GREEN Line will be (eventually) routed toward Huntersville, Davidson, north. I still CANNOT believe this.

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/CATS/Rapid+Transit+Planning/Northeast+Corridor/Home.htm[/QUOTE]

The University of Maryland at College Park is on the Green line of the Washington Metro.

The reason we are blue is that is what the chose for the South Blvd. corridor and by standard transit protocol, since this is ultimately the same line running to the Univ. (NE corridor), we must also be blue and it canā€™t really be changed at this point. SGA representatives brought this issue up to the CATS people 1 or 2 years ago, but understood that it only makes sense that NE corridor will be blue given thats what they used for the South Blvd. one. So, really, the blue doesnā€™t just apply from uptown to Univ. but from Pineville/485 to Univ if that makes anyone feel better about this.

I only read the first two posts, but the less people that know he didnā€™t go here, the better.

Wanna have a bobblehead smashing event before a game?
I think that is a Tony the Tiger gggggrrrrreat idea!

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but my mom is one of those crazy old women that love Clay Aiken.

She went up to see his play last week in NY and saw him after the show wearing his Carolina crap again. I had given her a hard time about it when I saw this thread a while back. So my mom is standing next to Clay and tells him he needs to get rid of his blue shirt and put on a green one.

This morning she sends me an email saying that he was on Good Morning America, and he showed up wearing a green UNC Charlotte sweatshirt for his sound check etc. She was excited. Just thought I would share.

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but my mom is one of those crazy old women that love Clay Aiken.

She went up to see his play last week in NY and saw him after the show wearing his Carolina crap again. I had given her a hard time about it when I saw this thread a while back. So my mom is standing next to Clay and tells him he needs to get rid of his blue shirt and put on a green one.

This morning she sends me an email saying that he was on Good Morning America, and he showed up wearing a green UNC Charlotte sweatshirt for his sound check etc. She was excited. Just thought I would share.

haha awesome. Your mom is helping to better the world, one misguided celebrity at a time!

why does the most currently famous Charlotte grad gotta be Clay freaking Aikenā€¦

John Maine is is current most famous one in my book. Of course the masses donā€™t know of him.

why does the most currently famous Charlotte grad gotta be Clay freaking Aiken...

Itā€™s ok, itā€™s only a matter of time before John Maine has an all-star year and gets picked for that. He might have to be on a different team for that to happen, but then heā€™ll be our most famous alum. Although the problem with baseball, is not many people know where the pros went to college, so that might not help much. As far as Iā€™m concerned, unless Clay is donating to us and supporting us, UNC-CH can have him.

[QUOTE=HP49er;318934]John Maine is is current most famous one in my book. Of course the masses donā€™t know of him.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Hopefully someone like Nicole Atkins will become more well known, or maybe a pro golfer from the bunch we have now.

why does the most currently famous Charlotte grad gotta be Clay freaking Aiken...
We almost had the heavyweight champion of the world. I know lots of people don't think the heavyweight division isn't very strong anymore, but damn were we close.

Iā€™m glad Clayā€™s pansy ass finally got it in gear. Maybe heā€™d like to join us at the bonfire next year and burn his crap.

Because, I havenā€™t graduated yetā€¦

I hate to see something like this on my husband. I obviously need to tighten the leash a little and keep him in check. Sorry guys- Iā€™ll try harder next time.

As for Clay and I, for those who were wondering, weā€™re still happily in love :wub:

[QUOTE=kissmekait20;319176]I hate to see something like this on my husband. I obviously need to tighten the leash a little and keep him in check. Sorry guys- Iā€™ll try harder next time.

As for Clay and I, for those who were wondering, weā€™re still happily in love :wub:[/QUOTE]

you know heā€™s gay right?

heā€™s not gay.

and I know how everyone gets so bent out of shape about charlotte students/grads wearing chapel hill apparel, and quite frankly they should and I do as wellā€¦ but as a new yorker, no one knows the difference between charlotte and chapel hill anyway. i canā€™t tell you how many times iā€™ve been asked how it feels to be a tar heel or been congratulated on my basketball team doing so well in an email from an old friend. it makes me mad, but no one up here knows any better.

[QUOTE=kissmekait20;319181]heā€™s not gay.

and I know how everyone gets so bent out of shape about charlotte students/grads wearing chapel hill apparel, and quite frankly they should and I do as wellā€¦ but as a new yorker, no one knows the difference between charlotte and chapel hill anyway. i canā€™t tell you how many times iā€™ve been asked how it feels to be a tar heel or been congratulated on my basketball team doing so well in an email from an old friend. it makes me mad, but no one up here knows any better.[/QUOTE]

iā€™m pretty sure he was the secretary of gay pride on campus. could be wrong though.