clt asks if you remember the boxing Banker?

Yes. I had the pleasure of meeting Calvin at one of the football games this past season. He was sitting behind me. We talked a little about his illustrious boxing career and how Charlotte 49er fans were proud of what he did in fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world. He is a gentleman and humble man.

[quote=“NinerNirvana, post:2, topic:31257”]Yes. I had the pleasure of meeting Calvin at one of the football games this past season. He was sitting behind me. We talked a little about his illustrious boxing career and how Charlotte 49er fans were proud of what he did in fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world. He is a gentleman and humble man.[/quote]maybe we can convince Phil to do a charity boxing match with him. I’d donate quite a bit to see that. All proceeds to the Judy Rose Retirement Fund.

He’s an awesome guy to talk to. I grew up down the street from him. When we were kids, he was always walking home from school incredibly fast, and I could never keep up with him without breaking into a run. I talked to him about it later, and apparently he was going home fast to get to boxing practice (he loved it that much).