clt asks what if we gave Riley a shot?

HA! Do you really think we are at the point of ā€œgiving him a shotā€ after the numbers he put up this year with generating SEC interest? If I was him and Lambert called me now for a shot, I would laugh in his face! We had our chance to get this kid and we COMPLETELY BLEW IT! After some of the QB decisions made this year, is anyone really surprised???

HA! Do you really think we are at the point of ā€œgiving him a shotā€ after the numbers he put up this year with generating SEC interest? If I was him and Lambert called me now for a shot, I would laugh in his face! We had our chance to get this kid and we COMPLETELY BLEW IT! After some of the QB decisions made this year, is anyone really surprised???[/quote]

You think weā€™re the only team that passed on him?

There were serious character concerns with his departure from Tennessee. Do you really think he left Tennessee saying ā€œIā€™ll go to Charlotte or Iā€™ll go jucoā€? If we are the only team that said ā€œno thanksā€ last year and he still went jucoā€¦ then Iā€™d say he really wants to come hereā€¦ but I highly doubt he had a whole lot of interest coming his way.

If heā€™s realized why he wasnā€™t a hot commodity last year, and improved those aspects of himself, then hell yeah I want himā€¦ and Iā€™d bet Lambert & Co are on board as well. If heā€™s still the same kind of kid who threw up all of those red flags last yearā€¦ Iā€™ll pass.

JuCo Football Forer ā€@JuCoFootballACE
Riley Ferguson @tha_truth_104 @ Coffeyville JuCo @cccravens sets official visit to Arkansas State this weekend

HA! Do you really think we are at the point of ā€œgiving him a shotā€ after the numbers he put up this year with generating SEC interest? If I was him and Lambert called me now for a shot, I would laugh in his face! We had our chance to get this kid and we COMPLETELY BLEW IT! After some of the QB decisions made this year, is anyone really surprised???[/quote]

You think weā€™re the only team that passed on him?

There were serious character concerns with his departure from Tennessee. Do you really think he left Tennessee saying ā€œIā€™ll go to Charlotte or Iā€™ll go jucoā€? If we are the only team that said ā€œno thanksā€ last year and he still went jucoā€¦ then Iā€™d say he really wants to come hereā€¦ but I highly doubt he had a whole lot of interest coming his way.

If heā€™s realized why he wasnā€™t a hot commodity last year, and improved those aspects of himself, then hell yeah I want himā€¦ and Iā€™d bet Lambert & Co are on board as well. If heā€™s still the same kind of kid who threw up all of those red flags last yearā€¦ Iā€™ll pass.[/quote]Well, according to his interview with the Observer in the Spring, he didnā€™t even talk to any other schools because this was the only place he wanted to go. When we didnā€™t want him, he ended up spending his free time working for a landscaping company.

You have to wonder how much of those serious character issues are sour grapes from Butch Jones because his projected starter left the program. This is after a coaching change and different offensive philosophy was instituted (which is only now starting to click, it was a catastrophe for two years).

He has stated in previous interviews that he only wanted to play here, but that didnā€™t work out. Alabama recruited this guy, he had tons of schools interested, and several are pushing for him now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/tcu/football/recruiting/player-Riley-Ferguson-117487

Coming out of high school, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, and Michigan offered him scholarships.

Temple, Arkansas St, and Iowa State have already offered him. Keep in mind that colleges are not as open about QB offers for Jucos because it could cause their current QB to become disenchanted. Unfortunately I think this ship has sailed, but I know I would be ecstatic if somehow weā€™re able to get him here.

If we are interested, Iā€™d like to think we can beat out Arkansas State, which seems to be his primary suitor. Theyā€™re more established, but this is his home town, and QB is the missing ingredient here.

clt bets we are interested.

Our WR group would be appealing to a QB

LeMay was his top target in high school, and Iā€™m sure a big part of the reason he wanted to come here initially.

If this kid has sincerely gotten his act together and wants to come here, I say give him a chance. Itā€™s a roll of the dice though, with potential head cases. I do NOT want bad chemistry, criminal behavior, or academic scandals at my school, I donā€™t give huge DAMN who the player is.

We need a QB for next year. I do not think the QB for 2016 is on the roster currently.

If this kid has sincerely gotten his act together and wants to come here, I say give him a chance. Itā€™s a roll of the dice though, with potential head cases. I do NOT want bad chemistry, criminal behavior, or academic scandals at my school, I donā€™t give huge DAMN who the player is.[/quote]What did he do that makes you think he needs to get his act together? People keep acting like this dude broke a law or was routinely in trouble. Not the case.

Meanwhile we have a D coach with DUIs and a player that was cashing bad checks and nobody seems to give a damn about those things, yet somehow Riley has been crafted into this bad apple.

Our programs are in such bad shape Iā€™m willing to see if the NCAA will give Ryan Leaf another year to play for us. While weā€™re at it can Rodney suit up for another year in hoops?

If this kid has sincerely gotten his act together and wants to come here, I say give him a chance. Itā€™s a roll of the dice though, with potential head cases. I do NOT want bad chemistry, criminal behavior, or academic scandals at my school, I donā€™t give huge DAMN who the player is.[/quote]What did he do that makes you think he needs to get his act together? People keep acting like this dude broke a law or was routinely in trouble. Not the case.

Meanwhile we have a D coach with DUIs and a player that was cashing bad checks and nobody seems to give a damn about those things, yet somehow Riley has been crafted into this bad apple.[/quote]

Great post.

clt says Riley is the Lebo of quarterbacks.