clt asks why are we not part of these discussions?

That’s a great idea. Now we just have to wrestle the games away from WF, NC State, and Chapel Hill.[/quote]

With Judy and CHP leading the way, this should happen quite easily.[/quote]

I’d think it would be easier to pull them away from Wake than the other two, simply because Wake won’t have the clout of the UNC system behind them.[/quote]

I doubt we’d get to host a state champ game at our current size and unless the NCHSAA decides to ever add a 5A/5AA category. If they ever do we’ll have a better shot than ECU because of geography. NCHSAA is fully tied in with the ACC schools in this state, we aren’t pulling a game from an ACC member. There are those in eastern NC that would still claim Charlotte would be a western side unfair advantage, since they complained about Winston-Salem being too far west too.[/quote]

What do you know of HS Championships mr Hunter Huss? ;D[/quote]

Well I know a bit more about the basketball variety than South Point alums. ::slight_smile:

I think I have heard that it costs us about $10,000 per game for the ShowPro people, security, clean-up, etc. I doubt this would change if we hosted a HS game. I am not sure we need to spend the money we donate to fund these games, but I am in favor of letting them use our facilities at cost.

I think I have heard that it costs us about $10,000 per game for the ShowPro people, security, clean-up, etc. I doubt this would change if we hosted a HS game. I am not sure we need to spend the money we donate to fund these games, but I am in favor of letting them use our facilities at cost.[/quote]

Having watched a few of the state champ games on TV, they clearly are not attendance and money events. It’s too bad none of the Triangle schools have artificial turf, because I think it would work better as a format to have them all in the same stadium (or two stadiums) on the same weekend.

49r9r, If the P5 leagues come calling, I sure hope they don’t call during lunch. :))

Since I’m having a bad sports weekend anyway, here’s one little highlight for me.

Hey NWA, you like apples?

You like these apples?

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:25, topic:30144”]Since I’m having a bad sports weekend anyway, here’s one little highlight for me.

You like these apples?[/quote]

Trust me that contributed to one really crappy sports weekend. Enjoy it since those wins come around like once every 2 decades.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:25, topic:30144”]Since I’m having a bad sports weekend anyway, here’s one little highlight for me.

Congrats on the win. Looks like the red raider “dynasty” is starting to crack. Opening Cramer HS probably has had an effect on this. Good to see.

[quote=“49er1, post:27, topic:30144”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:25, topic:30144”]Since I’m having a bad sports weekend anyway, here’s one little highlight for me.

Congrats on the win. Looks like the red raider “dynasty” is starting to crack. Opening Cramer HS probably has had an effect on this. Good to see.[/quote]

Pulling from McAdenville will pay big dividends for Cramer, lots of SP talent has come out of there. With the growth of Belmont though SP will be just fine.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:28, topic:30144”][quote=“49er1, post:27, topic:30144”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:25, topic:30144”]Since I’m having a bad sports weekend anyway, here’s one little highlight for me.

Congrats on the win. Looks like the red raider “dynasty” is starting to crack. Opening Cramer HS probably has had an effect on this. Good to see.[/quote]

Pulling from McAdenville will pay big dividends for Cramer, lots of SP talent has come out of there. With the growth of Belmont though SP will be just fine.[/quote]

What? Ya’ll not recruit’n over there no more? :wink:

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:29, topic:30144”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:28, topic:30144”][quote=“49er1, post:27, topic:30144”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:25, topic:30144”]Since I’m having a bad sports weekend anyway, here’s one little highlight for me.

Pulling from McAdenville will pay big dividends for Cramer, lots of SP talent has come out of there. With the growth of Belmont though SP will be just fine.[/quote]

What? Ya’ll not recruit’n over there no more? ;)[/quote]

:))

[quote=“49er1, post:30, topic:30144”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:29, topic:30144”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:28, topic:30144”][quote=“49er1, post:27, topic:30144”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:25, topic:30144”]Since I’m having a bad sports weekend anyway, here’s one little highlight for me.

What? Ya’ll not recruit’n over there no more? ;)[/quote]

:))[/quote]

Guess all that recruit’n in Mecklenburg County is sapping up the “A’s for plays” down on the peninsula.