clt is giving the school a little cash today

details later.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/893820.html

Considering the way they are talking about this, one may be lead to believe that this gift is substantial enough to start a new program.

I’m sure there will be plenty of people complaining about this who have absolutely no ties to our university. Gotta love the local community!

[QUOTE=J Felt;425082]Considering the way they are talking about this, one may be lead to believe that this gift is substantial enough to start a new program.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

[QUOTE=cltniners;425072]details later.[/QUOTE]

Did clt sell the Zeppelin?

[QUOTE=J Felt;425082]Considering the way they are talking about this, one may be lead to believe that this gift is substantial enough to start a new program.[/QUOTE]

It’s an academic gift.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;425087]

It’s an academic gift.[/QUOTE]

Good as every bit helps.

Now, maybe those idiots that say football fundraising will take away from academic fund raising will shut the hell up.

I thought we don’t go by UNCC anymore???

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;425087]Did clt sell the Zeppelin?

It’s an academic gift.[/QUOTE]

An academic gift can fund a med or law school can’t it?

START THE GUESSES!!!

1st guess: $2.5 million

2nd guess: $5 million

… unsure what the current largest academic gift is though. Anyone know so I can change my guesses?

I thought we don't go by UNCC anymore?????????????
the school for academics does
the school for academics does

I don’t believe that is true. The school goes by UNC Charlotte for academics, UNCC was thrown out.

Or am I wrong here?

MY GUESS:
The Motor Sports Dept is Being Given Money by a Nascar Driver to have his name attached to the Program.

25 million from Bruton Smith. Wants to scrap the light rail for the car of tomorrow.

$25 million…I dream big

I should start complaining about how its unfair that athletic is not getting a gift and how the money should be used to fund athletics etc etc. But unlike the anti-football supporters, I like things that are good for the University.

I don't believe that is true. The school goes by UNC Charlotte for academics, UNCC was thrown out.

Or am I wrong here?

You are 100% correct. We go by Charlotte in sports, and UNC Charlotte in academics, but never UNCC anymore.

It's an academic gift.

Doesn’t mean it couldn’t be a donation towards a new academic program…

You are 100% correct. We go by Charlotte in sports, and UNC Charlotte in academics, but never UNCC anymore.

You can probably find a release about the proper way to refer to us as UNC Charlotte on the website, http://www.UNCC.edu

If you want to drop something, drop it all together.

If it’s larger than the $10 million that Duke Energy gave, all I can say is :49ers: