clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

clt says we have a shout out.

Get the popcorn ready!! This has the potential to be the sleeper hit of the year. :))

[quote=“9erken, post:1899, topic:28477”]Read an interesting point from another forum about whether UNC-Cheat would win a court case if the NCAA comes down hard. They basically said that UNC-Cheat absolutely does not want this to go to trial because they might discover more dirt. This struck me as particularly interesting. Basically a trial over NCAA jurisdiction over extra benefits would have to involve discovery and witness testimony under oath about whether players got preferential entry into classes and grades in those classes. So they could put both Crowder and Nyang’oro on the stand under oath and ask them whether they gave preferential access and ever offered sections of no-show classes only for athletes, as well as ask them about communications they had with athletic department staff. I suspect the NCAA just wants this over with so they might not do that in a trial, but everyone forgets that even Wannstein was severely limited in his scope of inquiry, and he still found a ton of stuff. In addition, this really is an existential battle for the NCAA. If they can’t punish an institution for the worst academic / athletic scandal in history, what purpose do they serve?

So all the bluster about the cheats taking a harsh decision to court could be just that, bluster and nothing else. Or stupidity, it could be that too.[/quote]…or hubris, it could be that. Their attitude: “We are the University of North Carolina. By dint of that fact, whatever we do is right by definition.” Not only does their shit not stink, they never shit to begin with.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:1903, topic:28477”][quote=“9erken, post:1899, topic:28477”]Read an interesting point from another forum about whether UNC-Cheat would win a court case if the NCAA comes down hard. They basically said that UNC-Cheat absolutely does not want this to go to trial because they might discover more dirt. This struck me as particularly interesting. Basically a trial over NCAA jurisdiction over extra benefits would have to involve discovery and witness testimony under oath about whether players got preferential entry into classes and grades in those classes. So they could put both Crowder and Nyang’oro on the stand under oath and ask them whether they gave preferential access and ever offered sections of no-show classes only for athletes, as well as ask them about communications they had with athletic department staff. I suspect the NCAA just wants this over with so they might not do that in a trial, but everyone forgets that even Wannstein was severely limited in his scope of inquiry, and he still found a ton of stuff. In addition, this really is an existential battle for the NCAA. If they can’t punish an institution for the worst academic / athletic scandal in history, what purpose do they serve?

So all the bluster about the cheats taking a harsh decision to court could be just that, bluster and nothing else. Or stupidity, it could be that too.[/quote]…or hubris, it could be that. Their attitude: “We are the University of North Carolina. By dint of that fact, whatever we do is right by definition.” Not only does their s*** not stink, they never s*** to begin with.[/quote]

They do shit and the o let’s us know when, where and how every time they do.

clt says junior is correct you know

If you get a Judge who graduated from UNC-CH Law School, you don’t need facts.

Not a scandal, but stupid. Grown men trying to be hip for the kids.

Jay Bilas: The NCAA has no legal grounds for punishment.

[quote=“SF4Nynah, post:1910, topic:28477”]Jay Bilas: The NCAA has no legal grounds for punishment. [/quote] Old news. His opinion notwithstanding, Bilas will not decide the punishment.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:1909, topic:28477”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article165167247.html

Not a scandal, but stupid. Grown men trying to be hip for the kids.[/quote] Filed under the heading: Yet another fucking thing I don’t need to know about Cheat’s program.

Is the latest hearing still scheduled to begin on August 16? That is tomorrow. D-Day is here at last.

I predict tom. will be remembered as the Day Truth Died In Nashville. I hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:1914, topic:28477”]I predict tom. will be remembered as the Day Truth Died In Nashville. I hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it.[/quote] Roy says “Dadgum hater!”

The News & Observer has the Cheat hearing listed as a top story on their front page and as the lead on their sports page online.

The Charlotte Observer? Nothing as of this posting.

But remember, the Observer says they cover everything fairly.

[quote=“BigTymers99, post:1916, topic:28477”]The News & Observer has the Cheat hearing listed as a top story on their front page and as the lead on their sports page online.

But remember, the Observer says they cover everything fairly.[/quote] There was a story yesterday written by Roy Williams fluffer Andrew Carter. No idea of the content as I do not read his stuff beyond the headline.

[quote=“BigTymers99, post:1916, topic:28477”]The News & Observer has the Cheat hearing listed as a top story on their front page and as the lead on their sports page online.

But remember, the Observer says they cover everything fairly.[/quote]

clt says remember what mike p says. CHeat gets coverage because they bring readers. unless the story is not positive. then the observer hides it.

I would guess a good number of NCAA folks would love it if UNC-Cheat gets off on a technicality, they can say they tried real hard to punish them but the rules are rules, and then hunker down while the apologists get to work saying it’s time to move on, etc. I hope they don’t win out.

Maybe I am putting too much weight in the appearance that chairman of the COI (and the SEC commish) Sankey is pissed and tired of the excuses. His letter back to CHeat was absolutely scathing.

Of course, we have seen so many flip flops during this soap opera that I understand anyone’s lack of faith.