clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

If they get off without any sort of penalty, I may call it a day with college sports.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1920, topic:28477”]Maybe I am putting too much weight in the appearance that chairman of the COI (and the SEC commish) Sankey is pissed and tired of the excuses. His letter back to CHeat was absolutely scathing.

Of course, we have seen so many flip flops during this soap opera that I understand anyone’s lack of faith.[/quote]

My view is this is really the NCAA deciding it’s own future. If it lets them walk then they have signed their own death certificate. There is no reason for them to even exist if the largest academic scandal in college sports can’t be punished. The law suits coming in from other schools, big schools, $$$ schools would also be damaging. Is keeping Chapel Hill happy worth all that?

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1922, topic:28477”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1920, topic:28477”]Maybe I am putting too much weight in the appearance that chairman of the COI (and the SEC commish) Sankey is pissed and tired of the excuses. His letter back to CHeat was absolutely scathing.

Of course, we have seen so many flip flops during this soap opera that I understand anyone’s lack of faith.[/quote]

My view is this is really the NCAA deciding it’s own future. If it lets them walk then they have signed their own death certificate. There is no reason for them to even exist if the largest academic scandal in college sports can’t be punished. The law suits coming in from other schools, big schools, $$$ schools would also be damaging. Is keeping Chapel Hill happy worth all that?[/quote]

clt says you are on dead on. if they don’t drop the hammer, just watch what happens.

This is exactly what will happen. Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1922, topic:28477”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1920, topic:28477”]Maybe I am putting too much weight in the appearance that chairman of the COI (and the SEC commish) Sankey is pissed and tired of the excuses. His letter back to CHeat was absolutely scathing.

My view is this is really the NCAA deciding it’s own future. If it lets them walk then they have signed their own death certificate. There is no reason for them to even exist if the largest academic scandal in college sports can’t be punished. The law suits coming in from other schools, big schools, $$$ schools would also be damaging. Is keeping Chapel Hill happy worth all that?[/quote]

Exactly. I don’t think sparring chapel hill is worth the risk of angering programs like Ohio State and USC for the NCAA.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/z3ikrh/picture167489692/alternates/FREE_768/Roy%20toned

good ol roy looks upset.

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:1926, topic:28477”]http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/z3ikrh/picture167489692/alternates/FREE_768/Roy%20toned

good ol roy looks upset.[/quote]

He’s just pissed that he had to carry his own bag. That is what DOBO’s are for.

[quote=“Nugget, post:1927, topic:28477”][quote=“ghostofclt, post:1926, topic:28477”]http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/z3ikrh/picture167489692/alternates/FREE_768/Roy%20toned

good ol roy looks upset.[/quote]

He’s just pissed that he had to carry his own bag. That is what DOBO’s are for.[/quote]

clt says there is nothing in the bag.

clt says the observer continues to bury this story, and likely the punishment from the greatest academic fraud in NCAA history.

“Can’t talk about the hearing and can’t talk about the facts of the case so there is nothing to add at this time,” Steve Kirschner, a university spokesman, wrote in a text message.

Also, why does a reporter get a text from a spokesman?

Also, also, Steve needs to work on his grammar.

Norm, you up son?

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:1931, topic:28477”]https://mobile.twitter.com/joeovies/status/898233038068482048/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fscout.com%2Fcollege%2Fnorth-carolina-state%2FArticle%2FMr-Wuf-throws-shade-literally-at-UNC-about-infractions-106249829

Norm, you up son?[/quote] Like that.

So Roy felt the need to bring his own lawyer? Wonder why?

Also, looks like the women’s basketball coach wore her baby blue prison stripes! Talk about taking one for the team - again!

clt says good ol Roy is just a ball coach who doesn’t understand the rules.

clt says good ol Roy is just a ball coach who doesn’t understand the rules.[/quote]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UP3xmfpe1M

Got the following in a PM. Not going to divulge the source:

You should ask XXXXXX why the woman supposedly behind the scandal has been living with former UNC Basketball Player Warren Martin for nearly 20 years. That's right, Crowder and Martin live together - you can often see them in the grocery store together. Martin played for Dean Smith.

Ask why UNC would subject themselves to Federal Audits for fraud in order to give cover to the basketball program if the Research Dollars are so important.

Ask him what happened to Andrew Pettigrew and why did he commit suicide with the same drug dentist give their patients?

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:1938, topic:28477”]Got the following in a PM. Not going to divulge the source:

You should ask XXXXXX why the woman supposedly behind the scandal has been living with former UNC Basketball Player Warren Martin for nearly 20 years. That's right, Crowder and Martin live together - you can often see them in the grocery store together. Martin played for Dean Smith.

Ask why UNC would subject themselves to Federal Audits for fraud in order to give cover to the basketball program if the Research Dollars are so important.

Ask him what happened to Andrew Pettigrew and why did he commit suicide with the same drug dentist give their patients?

[/quote]

I’m not asking you to give your source, but this information needs a little more context, especially the stuff about Pettigrew. I’m not much for speculating about dead people, and respectfully, I don’t understand his role within this scandal.

Didn’t know the Warren Martin story, but that certainly brings the story full circle.

Are you trying to say this goes deeper than the most sherlock holmes NC State fan is even speculating?

The dental foundation. You should look into it.