clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.

Pizzagate

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/rs/story/2840100/

Does this have to do with Unc Cheat Athletic Director Baddour, Andrew Pettigrew and Trevor Graham, Marion Jones, BALCO…? Is that the dental reference?

The Crowder-Peahead connection has been well known. They technically don’t live together, but live in adjacent condos. Ms. Crowder has been an insider in the basketball program for 30+ years. When the Tar Heels suffered an upset loss while she was working in the AFAM Department, she would often call in sick the next day.

An interesting assertion she has made is that she began setting up the “no show, paper classes” in 1993. That date is significant for two reasons: 1) She says she started this after Coach Smith’s 2nd NCAA Championship, 2) UNC probably made email available to its staff some time after 1993. Her efforts to set up the classes and grade the work herself would be documented in her emails.

Dean Smith was a master of detail. He used to audit his players checking accounts years after they were in the NBA, if they were gullible enough to give him access to them. How could he not know his players were in worthless classes that did not meet regularly? Coaches know their players’ schedules and monitor their attendance. Most of UNC’s African American basketball players majored in AFAM from the '90s through the mid-'00s.

So the thought is, they have been cheating basically forever, but they are denying everything before 93 due to email? Wow. I thought I was informed on this stuff.

UNC knows the NCAA can’t prove anything before email. That’s so grimy…yet also a little genius.

What is the time frame before the verdict is announced?

[quote=“49r9r, post:1945, topic:28477”]What is the time frame before the verdict is announced?[/quote] There’s no time frame per se. I’d not be all that surprised if this dragged on until after basketball season. Again.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:1944, topic:28477”]So the thought is, they have been cheating basically forever, but they are denying everything before 93 due to email? Wow. I thought I was informed on this stuff.

UNC knows the NCAA can’t prove anything before email. That’s so grimy…yet also a little genius.[/quote]

That’s it. It very conveniently protects St Dean and “The Carolina Way” aka “Dean’s Myth”.

clt says Hillary deleted the emails in question.

Connect the dots sheeple

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:1948, topic:28477”]clt says Hillary deleted the emails in question.

Connect the dots sheeple

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article110032857.html[/quote] Points off for reminding of the fall election.

This speculates late December, then there’s the appeals.
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article168028432.html

This shit is so off the fuckedup chart it makes me sick. Never have I seen so much foot dragging. The NCAA is a joke on this. What tar hole suck asses. >:D

For those that believe the NCAA is more afraid of UNC-CH vs Jeff Kessler and Steve Berman you are 100% incorrect. Every school in the 9th circuit of the United States is now governed by the O’Bannon decision which was upheld (remedy changed by CoA) and SCOTUS did not accept. So, the O’Bannon verdict is the law in the 9th. The 9th CoA upheld in a 3-0 decision that NCAA rules regarding NIL are illegal. However, the 9th stated as a remedy that compensation for NIL could be capped at Cost of Attendance because athletes are students first and foremost.
The Jenkins case is being heard in the same courtroom as O’Bannon and is governed by the law in the 9th which has already ruled NCAA NIL rules are illegal. Also, in the 9th the NCAA can no longer argue “amateurism” as a defense for violating anti-trust law. Kessler is the best sports anti-trust attorney in the US. He is the reason for free agency in NFL and NBA. Kessler has beaten all four major league sports team in anti-trust to some degree.
Because of O’Bannon, Kessler/Berman have a much easier time showing that compensation rules for labor are also illegal per anti-trust statute. The key area they will look to pierce is the 9th ruling on compensation capped at Cost of Attendance. The way to pierce that veil is prove that athletes in revenue sports are NOT students first and foremost. The athletes are athletes first and foremost and an education is a by-product if they try and get it.
If the NCAA does not punish UNC-CH severely they will have a difficult time in a courtroom in Oakland defending their position that athletes are students first and foremost with what happened at UNC-CH. If Kessler/Berman can pierce that student veil then it could be a free market for compensation for athletes just like coaches, administrators, etc. This would cause labor costs for athletes to shift from 10-15% of revenue to closer to 50% of revenue like other professional sports leagues do revenue sharing.

clt says this is from the UNCR board. The poster claims to be a Duke grad as well, so he maybe smart.

I revisited Peppers’ transcript, and it is really !@#%@* crazy that he was ever eligible to play football. I’d love for the COI to take his transcript and ask for UNC to go through each semester…and let them explain it…and explain how he always seemed to miraculously get exactly what was needed to maintain eligibility. Then cross-reference the classes that saved him with fraudulent Crowder classes.
After 1st year: GPA 1.66 (after summer school, prior to his second year of eligibility)
After 2nd year: GPA 1.92 (needed to be 1.9)
After 3rd year: GPA 2.066 (needed to be 2.0) - with two Fs and two miracle Bs in AFAM
Of course, during his senior year he didn’t take any classes in the fall, then dropped out.
Zero math classes passed eVar.

clt still is annoyed that the Panthers signed this fraud.

On John Boy & Billy, former racer Hermie Sadler was talking about a charity golf fundraiser in Chapel Hill to raise $ for the Cheerleaders & Band to travel to more games at UNC. Seriously? As much $$$$$ as FB & Men’s B-Ball bring in, they shouldn’t have to do a fundraiser for the cheerleaders & band to travel.

clt says good ol Roy should cover this.

I also read they are practicing on their stadium field this year some due to other construction with athletic facilities and they were going to re-sod their stadium before every home game. They got a few $ in the bank.

No - this is how big time programs manage their shit.

I’m sure it is frustrating to CHeat fans to cheat like this and still suck at football.

That was well played.