clt provides odu post game

Reminder…

Basketball Recruiting
Year Charlotte ODU
2014 56,840 121,395
2013 105,065 95,024
2012 91,402 112,326

I don’t see us winning many games when Braxton has 0 points with only a few minutes left to go in the game. He went cold again the last couple of games after being red hot. Law of averages I suppose.

Uchebo and White played very well and the only reason we kept it close. They scored 42 of our 65 points and their combined fg were 16-24 while the rest of the team went 9-33. White went 8-12 from 3 which was nice to see. Everyone else, not so much.

FT shooting very poor once again. We were 30% (3/10) until Aube knocked went 2/2 at the end. So we ended 42% (5-12). I hate that our guards aren’t better at FTs.

although i am not happy with the loss, i saw a well coached team that was just lacking the size to win today. we obviously need to hit our ft’s but we kept it pretty close with probably the top team in the league despite not being able to hit open shots. with our lack of size, we need to hit our open shots. we play good defense now. hands up, rotating properly. now we need to go get some quality bigs and we are in busineess for next season. losing uchebo will be tough. he will go down as one of my all time favorite niners.

[quote=“ninerID, post:2, topic:30084”]Reminder…

Basketball Recruiting
Year Charlotte ODU
2014 56,840 121,395
2013 105,065 95,024
2012 91,402 112,326[/quote]in 2014 we landed 2 guys from charlotte, so their recruitment costs were extremely low. Those guys also committed in the early period, so we didn’t have to spend extra money traveling to land guys for the late signing period. Have to imagine that saves tens of thousands of dollars.

The number of guys you are recruiting also matters. If you need to fill 5 spots, it’s probably going to cost you a hell of a lot more than if you need to fill 2.

[quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:30084”][quote=“ninerID, post:2, topic:30084”]Reminder…

Basketball Recruiting
Year Charlotte ODU
2014 56,840 121,395
2013 105,065 95,024
2012 91,402 112,326[/quote]in 2014 we landed 2 guys from charlotte, so their recruitment costs were extremely low. Those guys also committed in the early period, so we didn’t have to spend extra money traveling to land guys for the late signing period. Have to imagine that saves tens of thousands of dollars.

The number of guys you are recruiting also matters. If you need to fill 5 spots, it’s probably going to cost you a hell of a lot more than if you need to fill 2.[/quote]
Like 90% of ODUs roster is from Virginia.

Recruiting is also a multi year process. So you have 2 slots, but if you aren’t recruiting HS sophomores you are already behind.

[quote=“ninerID, post:6, topic:30084”][quote=“Niner National, post:5, topic:30084”][quote=“ninerID, post:2, topic:30084”]Reminder…

Basketball Recruiting
Year Charlotte ODU
2014 56,840 121,395
2013 105,065 95,024

The number of guys you are recruiting also matters. If you need to fill 5 spots, it’s probably going to cost you a hell of a lot more than if you need to fill 2.[/quote]
Like 90% of ODUs roster is from Virginia.

Recruiting is also a multi year process. So you have 2 slots, but if you aren’t recruiting HS sophomores you are already behind.[/quote]

It’s not just who you got, it’s also who you tried to get.

Realtime RPI predicted us to lose by 18, so I’m not upset with losing by 9. I figured we would lose. That one guy went straight kept pounding it in the post during their first big run in the first half. Uchebo is our best player, but that one guy took it straight to him, and it was clear we had no backup help.

Andrien White has exploded the past 2 games, but he’s shot 2 of 7 from the line despite going 11 of 18 from 3. That has to be nerves, so I’m not really worried. I think that he is going to end up being our most important piece.

From what I saw our ball movement still was pretty good, we just lack the talent, especially inside to execute. I look forward to seeing us develop. ODU is certainly not a good team, but they are definitely one of the better opponents we will face in conference. I think we can steal the next one on the road.

[quote=“Ben H, post:9, topic:30084”]Realtime RPI predicted us to lose by 18, so I’m not upset with losing by 9. I figured we would lose. That one guy went straight kept pounding it in the post during their first big run in the first half. Uchebo is our best player, but that one guy took it straight to him, and it was clear we had no backup help.

Andrien White has exploded the past 2 games, but he’s shot 2 of 7 from the line despite going 11 of 18 from 3. That has to be nerves, so I’m not really worried. I think that he is going to end up being our most important piece.

From what I saw our ball movement still was pretty good, we just lack the talent, especially inside to execute. I look forward to seeing us develop. ODU is certainly not a good team, but they are definitely one of the better opponents we will face in conference. I think we can steal the next one on the road.[/quote]

Paging StillBlowing

Since we’re paging people, paging the Cowardly Lion to give his “heart” to Benas.
He has a lot of talent and athleticism. It’s nowhere to be found once the ball is tipped though. 5/7 would like to see that change.

Does he show a lot of talent in practice or where are you seeing this talent?

[quote=“NLP49, post:11, topic:30084”]Since we’re paging people, paging the Cowardly Lion to give his “heart” to Benas.
He has a lot of talent and athleticism. It’s nowhere to be found once the ball is tipped though. 5/7 would like to see that change.[/quote]

There is no way that reference succeeded. No way. :cool:

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:13, topic:30084”][quote=“NLP49, post:11, topic:30084”]Since we’re paging people, paging the Cowardly Lion to give his “heart” to Benas.
He has a lot of talent and athleticism. It’s nowhere to be found once the ball is tipped though. 5/7 would like to see that change.[/quote]

There is no way that reference succeeded. No way. 8)[/quote]I know what he meant.

[quote=“Niner National, post:14, topic:30084”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:13, topic:30084”][quote=“NLP49, post:11, topic:30084”]Since we’re paging people, paging the Cowardly Lion to give his “heart” to Benas.

There is no way that reference succeeded. No way. 8)[/quote]I know what he meant.[/quote]
+1

[quote=“NewNiner, post:15, topic:30084”][quote=“Niner National, post:14, topic:30084”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:13, topic:30084”][quote=“NLP49, post:11, topic:30084”]Since we’re paging people, paging the Cowardly Lion to give his “heart” to Benas.

There is no way that reference succeeded. No way. 8)[/quote]I know what he meant.[/quote]
+1[/quote]

-5/7.

My faith in NNN is restored.

[quote=“NLP49, post:11, topic:30084”]Since we’re paging people, paging the Cowardly Lion to give his “heart” to Benas.
Benas is playing out of position. He’s not a center. He’s doing what’s best for the team.