clt says all we do is win

Major congrats to Seth Gandy, carrying on the fine tradition of excellent golf played at Charlotte. Hopefully, the team can go out there and win the CUSA team event today!

Cool. But I expected seeing some NINERS on the Tour on a regular basis by now. Not so much.:hushed::golf:

It is really, really hard to make it to the PGA Tour. Although I wish we had some players get there, it’s not that surprising. You need to be a solid +5 or +6 index to even have a shot, let alone feed your family out there by making cuts. Even some of our really good players like Corey Nagy who has played on Web.com Tour events as recently as 2015 was probably just better than scratch when he was here.

Another great example is the Monday qualifier this year for the Shell Houston Open. 4 spots available, one guy shoots 62 (-10), two guys shoot 63, and five guys shoot 64 to get into a playoff for the final spot. Can you imagine shooting 65 and not even getting in a playoff? Just to get into the field of 160!?

http://golfweek.com/2017/03/27/shell-houston-open-2017-monday-qualifier/

It’s an incredible grind out there and the guys make it look easy but 99% of the guys that try to play professional golf will never make it to the big show.

[/quote]

You swung and you missed. Just making an observation of disappointment, not a curmudgeoned (sp) gripe.

My step-niece is engaged to a guy that all he does is Huynh, Huynh, Huynh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Huynh is pronounced win, & my niece will be a Huynher soon!

clt is an 13

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:7, topic:30919”]My step-niece is engaged to a guy that all he does is Huynh, Huynh, Huynh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Huynh is pronounced win, & my niece will be a Huynher soon![/quote]

Same with Nguyen (pronounced win as well)…It’s a Nguyen-Huynh situation.

Looks like us and UTEP for the championship. If even if we lose, we’ve have a solid shot of making the NCAAs.