Clt says let's talk F1

clt says max was robbed.

He drove recklessly and got called to the carpet for it!

clt says max!!,

Beautiful finish to an amazing year.

Push push

VROOM! VROOM! (I added this comment so I wouldn’t be asked if this is a complete sentence. Annoying. )

3 Likes

Forward that to the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce and see how long it takes them to propose moving that race to downtown Charlotte or to CMS on the Roval.

1 Like
1 Like

GM nor Cadillac will be the engine supplier for this new team. Instead, GM will work with an existing F1 engine supplier. Aero, chassis, and other combustion-related development will be handled by GM in Warren, Michigan, and Charlotte, North Carolina. Andretti has been building a new HQ in Fishers, Indiana for a while, which will support some of the F1 operations along with IndyCar, Formula E, and others. A support facility in the U.K. will serve as the European hub for the team. No specific locations were shared, nor if they would share a workspace with an existing F1 team or engine supplier.

Of any American company, GM has the resources to compete in Formula 1. Its Milford proving ground was the first dedicated automotive testing facility ever built when it was constructed in 1924. It houses the equivalent of 150 miles of two-lane highway on its 4,000-acre campus, which happens to employ 4,517 people. Outside of Milford, it operates other facilities directly related to motorsports, such as the $45 million Charlotte technical center, which features “three state-of-the-art Driver-in-the-Loop simulators, aero development, and other software-enabled vehicle modeling technology.” GM also operates a full-scale wind tunnel which has recently been upgraded, as well as a reduced-scale facility that came online in 2015. None of this mentions Addretti’s own 575,000-square-foot global racing and technology headquarters, which is set to open in 2025.

Damn I’ve been working too hard. I missed this news. Exciting.