clt says let's talk panthers

do you rest players or push ahead for 15-1?

Colts and Pats took different approaches and both had the same end result (Super Bowl loss).

I say you go for the undefeated season. No reason to kill momentum. Besides they could work on their handling of games while having a big lead, seems to be their only apparent shortcoming, although it hasn’t bit them to this point.

Win one more and take week 18 off. Not sure about Week 17.

Quit trying to piss me off. Blowing 28 point leads. Not taking out Cam after each of 3 injuries. Not taking out Norman after a blow to the head. Rivera wants to lose players before a SB run.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:4, topic:30059”]Quit trying to piss me off. Blowing 28 point leads. Not taking out Cam after each of 3 injuries. Not taking out Norman after a blow to the head. Rivera wants to lose players before a SB run.[/quote] Worst coach of a 14-0 team in history.

I see what you did there 4ever.

You play to win the game. You keep playing anyone that isn’t hurt, we have a first round bye for rest. Both the Falcons and Bucs are dead in the water and I wouldn’t be surprised if they both lay down by halftime.

You don’t stop a freight train especially when it is headed for 19-0, that is the top of the mountain.

The Bucs arent gonna lay down. Jameis Winston is busy trying to be Cam Jr and will use the game to get more attention. Plus, IIRC, their WRs and RB are healthy. That’s gonna be a tough game.

Ideally, you play them like preseason games, 2-3 quarters, get a lead, and sub out early. Get some work in but dont wear them down. However, the 2nd teamers need to play like their jobs are on the line to close the games out.

Arizona is really annoying me. They wont lose, and they are built to beat us. I cant stand the too-eager-to-say-i-told-you-so media members jumping on their bandwagon, but the turth is, they will be our toughest test of the year. They blitz every down (which Cam doesnt like, no matter how well he plays against it), they have solid lines on both sides of the ball, they have multiple WR targets that can all make plays, Carson Plamer gets rid of the ball quickly, every down, and will gladly nickle and dime you down the field (though he can also throw the long ball), and thier RB is an underappreciated workhorse. That may be the hardest game we play all season (including the SB) because of the matchup. We badly need that game to be a home game.

I’m firmly in the dare to be great crowd though. 19-0 is something that would be talked about for decades. If you have a shot at it, you have to take it.

Can’t be scared of injuries. They can happen anytime. When you have a chance to have your name in sports record books and be talked about for years to come, you do it. You can limit some increased risk especially for Cam with smart play calling.

Rodney Harrison, is that you?

Wait you are complaining about blowing a 28 point lead AND that they left Cam and Norman on the field? I am confused.

Cardinals are 26th in the league in sacks and Carolina has only allowed 53 QB hits (one of the best in the leagues). The middle of the field will be open all day long.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SACKS&season=2015&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

You’ve got to go for the win next week because we could still lose home field advantage to the Cardinals (and that would be catastrophic after the great year we’ve had). If we win next week, then let’s see.

Nobody said we will be playing the cardinals in the playoffs. Lot of football to be played yet before I’m worried about that.

Bleedsgreen we have to be careful. Tony Dungy says other teams will take us out because they think we’re cocky. That would explain why Coach Coughlin did nothing to stop Odell Beckham, Jr. Or the refs either for that matter.

NWA, Cam doesn’t play D, & the D should be able to make it without Norman for a 1/2 without blowing a 28 point lead. Not mutually exclusive. Not like it was only 7 or 10.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:15, topic:30059”]Bleedsgreen we have to be careful. Tony Dungy says other teams will take us out because they think we’re cocky. That would explain why Coach Coughlin did nothing to stop Odell Beckham, Jr. Or the refs either for that matter.

NWA, Cam doesn’t play D, & the D should be able to make it without Norman for a 1/2 without blowing a 28 point lead. Not mutually exclusive. Not like it was only 7 or 10.[/quote]

But yet they did lose a 28 point lead with Cam and Norman on the field. I’d say Rivera made the right call. If anything he let them ease up. Should have kept the pedal down and run them fuckers out of their building.

Giants were fighting for their playoff lives, essentially what Coughlin said in his press conference.

When you’re at the top of the mountain, everyone is going to give you their best shot. You don’t get respect by backing off.

But what if someone gets hurt, & it costs us the SB?

Shit happens. You never take your foot off the accelerator when you’re in the lead.

Tyyrann Mathieu the starting cornerback for the Cardinals is out for the season with a torn ACL (injured it in last night game) and i really hope we play in the NFC championship game that would be great for not only our fans but our city and no matter the ticket prices im going
GO PANTHERS!!