clt says technically the o is correct

UPDATES FROM THE OBSERVER:

* New details in UNC student's death - 07:05 AM

clt says yet another screw up. cue mike p.

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/697205.html

omg.

how do you screw that one up.

Seriously… This is not the story to be nitpicking the name issue on.

Valid point but bad form peter.

Seriously... This is not the story to be nitpicking the name issue on.

x2

I agree that the story is 1000 times more important than the name issue, but a screw up is a screw up.

[QUOTE=s9er;327771]Seriously… This is not the story to be nitpicking the name issue on.[/QUOTE]

With something like that, any story is. It is a tragic story, yet a story just the same. Had I been the one that had passed, and had seen that the Observer had posthumously written about me as a UNC student, I’d haunt that office until the paper went out of business.

This was a terrible thing that happened, but I’m not giving the Observer a pass for screwing this up.

I understand the sensitivity, but with the recent-ish events at both schools (Eve Carson at UNC), I would expect them to have the school name correct. Both were very sad, tragic and unfortunate happenings - but it’s disappointing that Charlotte.com can’t get the headlines correct.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;327781]With something like that, any story is. It is a tragic story, yet a story just the same. [B][SIZE=2]Had I been the one that had passed, and had seen that the Observer had posthumously written about me as a UNC student, I’d haunt that office until the paper went out of business.[/SIZE][/B]

This was a terrible thing that happened, but I’m not giving the Observer a pass for screwing this up.[/QUOTE]
Amen!

[QUOTE=LugNutX;327790]I understand the sensitivity, but with the recent-ish events at both schools (Eve Carson at UNC), I would expect them to have the school name correct. Both were very sad, tragic and unfortunate happenings - but it’s disappointing that Charlotte.com can’t get the headlines correct.[/QUOTE]

When I saw the headline, I thought it was about Eve Carson.

well someone got the word cause it’s changed…

well someone got the word cause it's changed...

good… man I hope they figure this deal out for her family…

clt posted this to point out just how bad the o really is. between the two tragedies at the two schools, you think that they would get it right.

clt also says that if the o would use the correct “unc-ch” they wouldn’t have as many problems.

Same old story.