clt says thanks again

to the f-n o

http://obsdailyviews.blogspot.com/

clt is going on a tangent now. clt is sick and tired of these non relevant comparisons. unc ch is much older than the u of c so it is logical that we grew up differently. it is apples and oranges.

f chapel hill

f the observer

and go niners.

Just so you know, this is the same group of people so concerned about the expense of football. Guess what folks, ‘fixing’ University City would cost tons of money, just like football. At least with football the bill would be footed by those who choose to foot it, not shoved down the throat of the area in general whether they want to or not.

That’s not to say I’m not for a better UC, it’s just a travesty how this group of people thinks.

I personally do not expect these cheap shots to stop as long as we continue persuing football , and I don’t see our football movement stopping anytime soon… so, we might as well fight back.

They sure are going to be pissed off if/when we do get football.

40-
cheapshots is all they are. If the Observer really wants a target, blame the Char-Meck zoning dept. No chancellor or trustee could change the infrastructure along 49 and 29.

I absolutely despise the Observer’s editorial dept. 100%.

what did he say that was incorrect?

Don’t we all want things that make this feel like a college town? Football on saturdays, a “Franklin Street”, etc. He even says “its a shame”, sorry but I agree with him. We are an urban campus so we have to face we’ll never be Clemson, or an SEC type town.

Don’t we all want things that make this feel like a college town? Football on saturdays, a “Franklin Street”, etc. He even says “its a shame”, sorry but I agree with him. We are an urban campus so we have to face we’ll never be Clemson, or an SEC type town.

I was thinking the same thing.

how far fetched is it to sell off a parcel of land that is currently on campus to a developer and officially deem it “off campus” then put bars, places to eat, and niners gear stores and make it our own mini-franklin street type deal where we can walk to and from? you cant walk to pics or BWWs, so this would cut down on the chance of drunk driving, give kids a reason to hang around on the weekends, and give us a place to storm in celebration of our first football victory, our first A-10 championship in basketball and eventually our first big east win and all our big east championships and then national championship sometime around 2022.

Honestly - as sad as it is - what probably pissed people off the MOST was the word “Chapel Hill” being in the editorial. Though it was a valid point involving them (for once), most of us are just sick and tired of having that schools name anywhere close to ours. We already feel too damn connected to them in the minds of those in the area, even though we have NOTHING to do with them unless we’re playing them in a sport or one of their ephing ex presidents shows up to tell us about how much they’re doing for us (lies) and how we shouldnt get a football team (more lies).

Basically, if the observer wants us to be happy, they should leave the following words out of any editorial involving this campus in any way shape or form unless its involving athletics and we were actually in competition they are talking about.

• UNCCH
  • UNC
  • Carolina
  • The Tarheels

You’re not helping with this “identity” issue everyone continues to talk about by comparing us to them - for goodness sake they ARE our identity issue.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;313891]Honestly - as sad as it is - what probably pissed people off the MOST was the word “Chapel Hill” being in the editorial. Though it was a valid point involving them (for once), most of us are just sick and tired of having that schools name anywhere close to ours. We already feel too damn connected to them in the minds of those in the area, even though we have NOTHING to do with them unless we’re playing them in a sport or one of their ephing ex presidents shows up to tell us about how much they’re doing for us (lies) and how we shouldnt get a football team (more lies).

Basically, if the observer wants us to be happy, they should leave the following words out of any editorial involving this campus in any way shape or form unless its involving athletics and we were actually in competition they are talking about.

• UNCCH
  • UNC
  • Carolina
  • The Tarheels

You’re not helping with this “identity” issue everyone continues to talk about by comparing us to them - for goodness sake they ARE our identity issue.[/QUOTE] [SIZE=8][B]WINNER[/B][/SIZE]

And I wonder if this UNSIGNED EDITORIAL would have appeared if we were not persuing football.

Not a chance.