clt says we are top 25!

[quote=“Nugget, post:19, topic:30856”][quote=“cltniners, post:18, topic:30856”]http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/03/16/see-how-much-your-university-gets-from-corporate.html?ana=e_me_set2&s=scroll&ed=2017-03-16&u=LnfPAPiPbYIyyH8uzsKmow063775a0&t=1489674619&j=77664631

clt says read, and react in 30 words or less.[/quote]

We are not in the list, but we have (had?) a deal with IMG College so it makes me think the list is wrong. (24)[/quote]

Apparently they still represent us. I had to look it up, because you cannot tell by the results. (18)

clt says we aren’t even on the list (17)

This (1)

[quote=“Nugget, post:15, topic:30856”]I hope I got this correct. I have attempted to look at how Charlotte has fared in C-USA each year, and coded where we finished in the conference like a stop light by thirds. Top third–green, middle–yellow, and bottom–red. Some sports are tricky to decide where we finished, and I even found a mistake or two in C-USA’s records.

If we are shooting to be a top third team then we are generally not getting there. If we are not shooting to be a top third team we should be embarrassed. It may be true that in some of our sports we are simply looking to graduate players and not have any arrests. The only excuse for that is to conserve money to pay other sports, but if that is what is happening, it isn’t working.

At this point I think it is too early to blame football. Men’s basketball is clearly underwater. Volleyball is on their third coach in five years and looks like our worst sport. I was surprised to see that we are a Women’s Tennis school. I am going to have to figure out how to go watch them because they are carrying the banner. I thought we were a T&F/CC school too, but apparently not.[/quote]

Winning is not a priority for this admin. It just isn’t. She is worried about the athlete’s experience. Equality among the teams. Nice facilities. Running a totally clean program. All kinds of things - but winning is down the list. That isn’t to say I think she wants to lose, she just doesn’t put a extreme priority in winning. Most ADs are measured by winning and fund raising. Our’s most definitely is not, but yet she still has her job. That means our Chancellor has other priorities.

You would think a place calling itself “College Football News” would know the difference between FCS and FBS