Clt starts the 49ers v UNC-R chat board page

clt likes our chances, and the weather will be great.

also provided, the observer preview:

[font=verdana][size=1em]STARTING PITCHERS[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=1em]RHP Michael Bienlien (0-1, 3.24 ERA vs. LHP Jacob Craver (0-0, 1.46 ERA)[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]Both are making their 1st start of the season, Bienlien his first career start. He pitched 3 scoreless innings of relief against us last time out.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]Craver has been a solid bullpen guy for us this year, and pitched very well against NC State in relief when we played up there. Craver pitched 3 scoreless innings of relief allowing only 1 hit. I expect the max he would go is 3 or 4 innings tonight if he pitches well. We have struggled to find consistent pitching for the mid-week games all year. Hopefully we find it today.[/size][/font]

[quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:30883”]clt likes our chances, and the weather will be great.

also provided, the observer preview:[/quote]

Thanks for including that Observer preview. I had already looked and also saw nothing about the game. But I did see the article in the O about Luke Maye’s eyebrows.

[quote=“49r9r, post:3, topic:30883”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:30883”]clt likes our chances, and the weather will be great.

Thanks for including that Observer preview. I had already looked and also saw nothing about the game. But I did see the article in the O about Luke Maye’s eyebrows.[/quote]

clt says the observer doesnt care about UNCCCCC or UNC R

[quote=“49r9r, post:3, topic:30883”][quote=“cltniners, post:1, topic:30883”]clt likes our chances, and the weather will be great.

Thanks for including that Observer preview. I had already looked and also saw nothing about the game. But I did see the article in the O about Luke Maye’s eyebrows.[/quote]

Well stand by for ol’ roy’s shit time schedule.

Is this an ncsu home game? The Knights are certainly advertising it that way in the ad in the o.

[quote=“49er1, post:6, topic:30883”]Is this an ncsu home game? The Knights are certainly advertising it that way in the ad in the o.[/quote] No

I don’t get bein sports and the local twc 22 says it’s television the game but it’s an old xavier game. Just curious on how the crowd is? Seems like a perfect evening for some baseball, hopefully brings out a nice crowd!

Either try to win these or do not schedule games uptown. We probably did more harm tonight than any good we could achieve by beating ODU

i hope we change the sheets before the weekend.

Pathetic, sorry display. This game and others we’ve lost “uptown” do more harm than good. Sickening. >:D

It’s not over yet. The tying run is on deck

clt says we need to decide on a new colour to wear to this game. we blended in with the seats.

No follow up from the Disturber. After Knights paid them for days to advertise.

You can’t trot out your best pitchers in a mid-week game. Just don’t have the luxury to sacrifice weekend starters/pitching strength and depth for one game as opposed to a conference series. We beat them in their place with this same strategy between the two teams, and they were out for revenge, and with a pretty trash 7 run inning we still came back hard. If you think these games are bad for program exposure…idk what to tell you.

Mid-week games are mid-week games. If you don’t not seeing our aces and us at full strength you should try coming out to a weekend series at the Hayes. But sitting here listening to people saying we’re going to lose fans because we don’t focus on a random mid-week outing is fairly ironic. Maybe the fans shouldn’t focus on a random mid-week outing either if they want to support the program. Still it simply can’t be denied what this does for exposure to the program, for recruiting, and for our guys. I feel like 90% of people out there had no idea NC State had lost to us this month at home. People that aren’t going to follow the baseball program because we lost this game…haven’t been following…and aren’t going to follow the baseball program.

[quote=“ninerball49, post:15, topic:30883”]You can’t trot out your best pitchers in a mid-week game. Just don’t have the luxury to sacrifice weekend starters/pitching strength and depth for one game as opposed to a conference series. We beat them in their place with this same strategy between the two teams, and they were out for revenge, and with a pretty trash 7 run inning we still came back hard. If you think these games are bad for program exposure…idk what to tell you.

Mid-week games are mid-week games. If you don’t not seeing our aces and us at full strength you should try coming out to a weekend series at the Hayes. But sitting here listening to people saying we’re going to lose fans because we don’t focus on a random mid-week outing is fairly ironic. Maybe the fans shouldn’t focus on a random mid-week outing either if they want to support the program. Still it simply can’t be denied what this does for exposure to the program, for recruiting, and for our guys. I feel like 90% of people out there had no idea NC State had lost to us this month at home. People that aren’t going to follow the baseball program because we lost this game…haven’t been following…and aren’t going to follow the baseball program.[/quote]

Thousands of casual baseball fans saw us look like shit and then left the stadium before we staged our comeback. My guess is most of them had no clue we had defeated State in Raleigh earlier in the season.

As a long time season ticket holder, I understand the need to save your best pitching for the weekend, but let’s face reality… Some mid week games are much bigger than others. The tarholes have even used their ace against us in a mid week game in Charlotte.

I think Craver and Perry did OK to start the game. I wish we could have extended those 2 a little longer but they were reaching their pitch counts. I would have liked to see Craver get one more inning since he was starting to find a groove. Perry was OK. I wish we would have let him finish out the inning.

Then Horkey comes in and has the worst outing of his career, 0 outs, 2 hits, 3 HBP, 5 Runs. It was downhill from there. Bruce and Casas just got hit hard.

Morrison, Vogler, and Brooks looked pretty good the last 4 innings.

It’s not the end of the world. We know our bullpen is like a box of chocolates. Most of these same pitchers beat NC State at Raleigh a few weeks ago. It just sucks to see the crappy side on a big stage like that. As long as we can keep winning these weekend series’ I will be happy. I hope we are ready this weekend.