Clt suggests we reschedule the appy game

Proposed athletic fees is a slide in this pdf: weā€™re fifth highest.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.northcarolina.edu/apps/bog/doc.php%3Fid%3D59161%26code%3Dbog&ved=2ahUKEwjntd3Lj5vfAhUrTd8KHb0aBh0QFjAKegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3KF5R8I8uxFjeClp9aEPvN

My God, I thought ours was bad.

As good as theyā€™ve been at football, if they need that from students, their graduates really must be broke.

Stereotype confirmed.

They have asked some donors for a 5 year commitment so they can budget or have a better idea on amount of donations.

Wow - looking at that list, we are STILL a STEAL of a DEAL (comparatively) in the state once you add up total cost. On the down side, I think I paid about $500/semester for tuition when I started school at Charlotte.

Iā€™m seeing us 5th highest

I paid $191 a semester for tuition in 71-73. Still had to get a College Foundation loan to afford that and books/supplies as a ā€œcommuterā€ student. It was worth every penny and more. So appreciative.

2 Likes

William & Mary spends as much on football as any state FCS school, except James Madison, maybe. The Tribe is not the example the AAUP professors want to use of football on the cheap.

If App folks start complaining of fees when football is winning thatā€™s a bad sign. When they slip some on the field those voices will get very loud.

2 Likes

You are correct, sir. I updated my post.

clt says DONā€™T CANCEL the game now!

Feeling a lot better after they named a HC

1 Like

They literally hired a guy whose entire fan base wanted him fired. I feel like we suddenly have a chance next year.

State runs a lot of prostyle single back stuff. Gonna be a change up in their current set up

clt says you cannot throw the football in the snow

No one wanted him fired? He elevated their offense every year he was there and they had a top 15 offense last yearā€¦Their play calling on offense was very advanced. It is the DC that they wanted firedā€¦

3 Likes

lol keep telling yourself that one runt.

I CANā€™T WAIT to go up the hill. Heā€™s also a noted terrible recruiter! This is GREAT hireā€¦ for us!

Itā€™s going to reach a tipping point for App State shortly. They donā€™t have the room to increase the number of students (fees) and their ā€œamazing fansā€ donated $2M less than us last year (in probably the worst year of Niner sports ever).

They will either have to continually increase student fees or their fans need to put their money where their mouth is to keep playing with the big kids.

1 Like

One losing season or less then 7 wins and the attendance for football games will drop like a rocket since most fans drive from Charlotte or Winston.

Heā€™s no Mike Houston but then again neither is the guy with the losing record at Austin-Peay HA!

Are you asking us? How would we know, like you Appys we did not even know who this guy was a few hours ago. If you are happy with this stealth coach then we are happy for you. Clearly Gillen left no stone unturned in the coaching search.

The ROI for what we pay for = 45-9. And the amazing fans fill our stadium , oh and yours too it seems. Well off to New Orleans to watch a conference champ play. Looking forward to watching yours. Merry Christmas! Letā€™s go Peay!

Why would these successful (but, for some reason, obsessed) unc-tweetsie fans waste their time lurking around this board? Donā€™t know what they could possibly be envious of here. But they certainly give all indication they are.