CMS Football

I don’t know the thread, but on here some people were talking about how high schools in Char-Meck “recruit” players and such.

Some people were saying it happens, some people were saying it didn’t happen.

Well here is your proof:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16544752.htm

Sweet, he’s out of our conference. That guy burned us up this year.

I don’t know that Independence has to do any recruiting. Their titles recruit themselves. Go Big I!

I had heard stories back in the mid 90’s about how Knotts (who was at West Charlotte) had half a team whos parents lived in other districts.

We knew about this even in Gaston County (MEGA 7-4A).

They got my quaterback. He transferred beginning this week to play at Indy. It happens all of the time. Indy has about 5-10 of the kids that I am supposed to have playing for me. It sure the hell gets old, but what can you do. Tommy has been doing this crap since his Harding and West charlotte days with the CMS honchos turning their heads with a blind eye.

[QUOTE=ninerteach;213104]They got my quaterback. He transferred beginning this week to play at Indy. It happens all of the time. Indy has about 5-10 of the kids that I am supposed to have playing for me. It sure the hell gets old, but what can you do. Tommy has been doing this crap since his Harding and West charlotte days with the CMS honchos turning their heads with a blind eye.[/QUOTE]

They want at least one state champ contender a year, high school recruiting is the easy way to do it.

Happened in Gaston County back in the 70’s with James Worthy.

Concord High School’s basketball team is notorious for recruiting. One of their star players lives on the same block as one of our star players in a neighborhood about 2 miles from our school. Apparently his parents are building a house in the Concord district… and have been for about two years. There are so many loopholes.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;213109]Concord High School’s basketball team is notorious for recruiting. One of their star players lives on the same block as one of our star players in a neighborhood about 2 miles from our school. Apparently his parents are building a house in the Concord district… and have been for about two years. There are so many loopholes.[/QUOTE]

The school board redrew the high school lines so James Worthy would go to Ashbrook. It was called the Worthy pocket.

Had he gone to Huss, he and Sleepy Floyd would have been on the same team.

Didn’t matter though, Huss came home with a state championship during that time and Ashhole didn’t.

whats wrong with a kid wanting to go to a more successful program and get noticed?

[QUOTE=moss2k;213136]whats wrong with a kid wanting to go to a more successful program and get noticed?[/QUOTE]

Nothing

Can you really blame him? West Charlotte I believe is one of the schools that is on the verge of getting shut down. Why not send your kid to a better school where he can get a better education and play for a coach who might help him land a scholarship.

Did anyone read the article about Independence’s sports facilities? Their weight room probably hasn’t been updated since the 80’s. It amazes me how he is able to still win without modern equipment. It’s a far cry from what you see on the MTV show Two a days. And I’ve also been to see a game at the Big I, can’t say I was impressed with their stadium, just like any other old CMS school built back in the day.