Coach - 1st LIVE impression

I was impressed with Coach Lambert at the presser and have a positive impression of him overall.
That being said I didnt like him referring to us as “the University of North Carolina at Charlotte” today at the game.
Coach needs to refer to us as the Charlotte 49ers.
I liked how Lambert’s OC, Jeff Mullen refered to us as University of Charlotte. It will be important for Coach Lambert to learn this.

Who cares about his public speaking ability. Just make the players better and take care of business on the field. Nobody cares how a coach speaks if he wins 8+ games per season. As long as he can sell this program to the recruits and get the players he has to buy into his system, that’s all that matters. Not even a week into his job and we’re already breaking down his speech-giving ability. Wow.

I agree with you but he won’t have a chance to win any games for two years so for awhile all he can be judge on is his interaction with alums, boosters, students and donors.

I was really disappointed that Lambert wasn’t wearing green, what was he thinking? Amato would have worn green Oakley’s out there today.

X, don’t you know there’s no place for sound rational logic on this board!! >:(

Thats funny. I was going to use the exact same line, except say rockets flying out of his ass. Jeeze. I guess we just need someone to break down on the messageboard.

I ran into the Lambert family before the game and they all seemed excited. His wife was outgoing, and their daughter seemed comfortable introducing herself to an old alum without being prompted. A coach is only going to be successful if they have their family’s support, and I think the Lamberts look like the are going to be Niners. Sure it is very early, but I like our hire at this point.

I thought he did great and I wasn’t even there.

This.

[/ridiculousness]

He was wearing a white Nike Charlotte shirt. I think that’s fine.

Plus his family was decked out in Niner gear too.

Plus his family was decked out in Niner gear too.[/quote]Scollie, I was being sarcastic.

I was disappointed he didn’t bring out a green light saver.

Since he did not paint his face green and white, what he said did not matter. ::slight_smile:

Plus his family was decked out in Niner gear too.[/quote]Scollie, I was being sarcastic.[/quote]

Hard to tell amongst all the idiotic comments made around here.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/sports/The-New-Head-of-Niner-Football-Nation-117503043.html

not sure this is elsewhere

[quote=“49er1, post:35, topic:25092”]http://www.foxcharlotte.com/sports/The-New-Head-of-Niner-Football-Nation-117503043.html

not sure this is elsewhere[/quote]

WTF??? He is on the most popular local show( I’m just guessing by how hot Kelli is.) and he doesn’t raise someone from the dead or at the very least turn water into wine??? WHAT IS WITH THIS GUY??? Fire Judy Now!!!

[quote=“Jimmyhat49er, post:36, topic:25092”][quote=“49er1, post:35, topic:25092”]http://www.foxcharlotte.com/sports/The-New-Head-of-Niner-Football-Nation-117503043.html

not sure this is elsewhere[/quote]

WTF? ??? ? He is on the most popular local show( I’m just guessing by how hot Kelli is.) and he doesn’t raise someone from the dead or at the very least turn water into wine??? WHAT IS WITH THIS GUY??? Fire Judy Now!!![/quote]Funny part of this post is that I thought it was Kenny until I looked over at the poster name. FWIW, I heard he is trying to raise someone from the dead in the cemetery on campus, but he isn’t sure if the bodies are laid out one by one or just all piled on top of each other.