Coach Gunn in College Cup Final

Tune in Sunday as Stanford and Coach Gunn take on Wake for a try at a second straight College Cup. Was good to see Coach Gunn beat the 'Holes last night.

“The Chancellor and I made a competitive, substantial offer to Jeremy to try to keep him as our coach,” said Director of Athletics Judy Rose.

clt says good cardinal.

I wonder if Gunn takes particular satisfaction from beating the ACC. (last year’s final game)

I would think so. However, it was nice for once to see a game called ‘straight up’ that the 'Holes were in.

Here’s hoping Coach Gunn get’s his 2nd CC today!

He got his 2nd. I bet MLS was paying attention.

Wake Forest, ahead 4-3 on penalty kicks, misses two in a row and Stanford prevails. (Acc chokes again)

Pulled a Niner

Pulled a Niner[/quote] Jokes are MUCH funnier the 49th time.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:6, topic:30690”][size=14pt]Acc chokes again
[/size][/quote]

The ref must have called a good game without bias.

clt says the Stanford band is horrible.

Only one 'Hole on the All-Tournament team:

College Cup All-Tournament Team

Name School Position
Andre Shinyashiki Denver F
Colton Storm North Carolina D
Brad Dunwell Wake Forest MF
Ema Twumasi Wake Forest MF
Jon Bakero Wake Forest F
Corey Baird Stanford F
Tanner Beason Stanford D
Tomas Hilliard-Arce Stanford D
Brian Nana-Sinkam Stanford D
Offensive Most Outstanding Player
Ian Harkes Wake Forest F
Defensive Most Outstanding Player
Andrew Epstein Stanford GK

Also, like that Stanford got the Charlotte name right:

"…Gunn previously served as head coach at the University of Charlotte for five seasons (2007-11), building the 49er program into a national title contender. He led Charlotte to two NCAA tournament appearances, including a run to the championship match of the 2011 College Cup before losing to top-ranked North Carolina. After the season, Gunn was named the NSCAA National Coach of the Year.

During the five seasons at Charlotte, Gunn compiled a 64-26-14 record, including a 5-2 mark in the NCAA Tournament. The 49ers also won an Atlantic-10 Conference title in 2010."

Update [12:45 p.m.]—Here are some words from the official Stanford Tree, as quoted by the school paper:
“Band is devastated,” said Sam Weyen, a junior. “I’ve cried with maybe 20 separate people tonight. Understand that we didn’t lose a social activity, we lost our home. We lost our hope. Let’s not even talk about the egregious timing with finals knocking at the door. I for one have never felt so empty inside, as the Stanford band was my safe space, my smultronställe, my everything. I’m left hapless wondering if Stanford actually gives a shit about me.”

[quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:30690”]Update [12:45 p.m.]—Here are some words from the official Stanford Tree, as quoted by the school paper:
“Band is devastated,” said Sam Weyen, a junior. “I’ve cried with maybe 20 separate people tonight. Understand that we didn’t lose a social activity, we lost our home. We lost our hope. Let’s not even talk about the egregious timing with finals knocking at the door. I for one have never felt so empty inside, as the Stanford band was my safe space, my smultronställe, my everything. I’m left hapless wondering if Stanford actually gives a s*** about me.”[/quote]

“smultronställe” -->> this is a well educated snowflake.

[quote=“49r9r, post:9, topic:30690”][quote=“4ever niner, post:6, topic:30690”][size=14pt]Acc chokes again
[/size][/quote]

The ref must have called a good game without bias.[/quote] Last season and this in the NCAA playoffs Gunn 6, ACC 0. with 5 shutouts. ;D
Karma is a bitch, huh?