Coach Lutz on this board

I am just curious if anyone thinks, or knows, if Coach Lutz ever visits this board. I was havinga discussion with a Marquette friend on this subject and I am curious to see what everyone thinks.

For 1) he doesn’t have the time to come on here and look what we talk about. 2) whatever we talk about on here, is pretty irrevalent to him, plus most of the questiosn asked, he already knows the answer. 3) even if he did come on here, nothing we say on here will have any impact on his coaching. He won’t play Nance more cause we say we like him, he won’t make our perimeter defense better cause we talk about it.

Lutz isn’t on here. But someone who is, is Matt the announcer. He does come on here, wheather he has a name or not, and looks things up. Cause during Lutz live he refers a lot to the “internet”, which all questions he asked Lutz about are generated from THIS forum. This site is viewed a lot, by a lot of people, some who don’t say anything at all…Lutz is not one of them.

I dunno Cowbell… Lutz has made some direct references to quotes on this board before on Lutz Live or in postgame interviews… I think he occasionally lurks.

I remember him mentioning the “message boards” in his post game comments a few years ago… he said he never reads them after a loss.

You seem pretty confident, cowbell.

I don’t know, but I would guess Lutz has at least glanced at the board once or twice.

I think people may fill him in on things that are discussed, ie Firelutz.com but I’m 99.99% sure he doesn’t read it. He has joked about the uproar after losses many times. But there’s a good chance recruits stumble on to the site from time to time. And then we have the player-parents, relatives and even players themselves… :o

so, current players go on this site?

Recruits certainly read these forums.

I can remember a few years back when a certain recruit we had (Von Bittle) was pretty active on this board. I believe his name was tanballer?

Trivia time…

[b]Von Bittle[/b]

I thought that was Von Wafer.

Baldwin is von bittle.

[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Feb 21 2005, 10:52 PM [b] Baldwin is von bittle. [/b]
We have a winner..... No more calls please.

I always thought Mtchell von Bittle had a nice ring to it. Very royal.

I think he changed his name to Baldwin out of respect for the father who raised him. A very mature decision for a young kid.

Yes, he was on the boards asking about the university when we were recruiting him. Pretty smart kid :smiley: Of course, we all only had good things to say, but…recruits coming on here is an iffy proposition. Not a good mix. That being said, I’m sure the players are aware of this site and may check on it or have friends check on it. Lutz may or may not directly read it, but I’m sure he has “sources”.

IMO Coach Lutz is not on this board, but I’d be very surprised if he is not aware of it.

I tend to think there are people that make him aware of the content of various discussions.

Coach Lutz doesn’t read the board…but some of the players and definitely “others” read the board.

[i]Originally posted by 5yearplan[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 07:52 AM [b] Coach Lutz doesn't read the board...but some of the players and definitely "others" read the board. [/b]
Lutz doesn't have to read this board. He is updated on everything being posted here, as is Judy.
[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Feb 21 2005, 09:57 PM [b] I always thought Mtchell von Bittle had a nice ring to it. Very royal. [/b]
His name was Mitchell Bittle. Von Wafer plays for Florida State. I hope you were kidding.

Thanks Pi,

Guys, just about everyone involved with the program knows about this board. How often they read it, who’s to say.

[b]Lutz doesn't have to read this board. He is updated on everything being posted here, as is Judy.[/b]
[b]His name was Mitchell Bittle. Von Wafer plays for Florida State. I hope you were kidding. [/b]

PI, I thought you knew more about our players and our program than that. My bad, dude. I’ll spell things out for you from now on.

Help for PI

Though Mitchell has always been his official first name, his parents have called him by the nickname Von since he was a baby. Von came from his unofficial middle name, LeVon.

Unofficial because the doctor heard LeVarn and put that on his birth certificate instead of LeVon.

Nonetheless, Mitchell grew up as Von to his family, friends and teachers.