Coach Lutz talks about Pfeiffer

JJ’s got something up on Ninerreport with coach talking about how he respects pheiffer. He REALLY respects them from what I read.

Lutz on Ninerreport

And this from Charlotte49ers.com:

Niners Host Pfeiffer in Lone Exhibition Game

GO NINERS!

as of 5pm monday student tickets are still in the lower level

[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 05:33 PM [b] as of 5pm monday student tickets are still in the lower level [/b]
wow, now thats embarassing

Exhibition + Election Day/Night + Tuesday night = low turnout

I’ll be there and I expect the crowd that is there to be enthusiastic. Should be fun watching us (hopefully) put on a clinic.

[b]Should be fun watching us (hopefully) put on a clinic. [/b]

That’s what I thought too, until I read this on [b]Ninerreport: The Falcons return virtually the same team this season and have already been ranked #10 by the Basketball Times.

Still yawning at the thought of this being a competitive game?

Maybe their recent win over Athletes in Action (107-103) will wake you up.

Last season, the same Athletes in Action team defeated both NC State and Wake Forest in the exhibition season.[/b]

Anyone worried?

they are a very respectable team, but i’ve got two words on why they can’t stay with us.

Curtis Withers

Touchee’

[i]Originally posted by 82NinerAlum[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 06:21 PM [b]
[b]Should be fun watching us (hopefully) put on a clinic. [/b]

That’s what I thought too, until I read this on [b]Ninerreport: The Falcons return virtually the same team this season and have already been ranked #10 by the Basketball Times.

Still yawning at the thought of this being a competitive game?

Maybe their recent win over Athletes in Action (107-103) will wake you up.

Last season, the same Athletes in Action team defeated both NC State and Wake Forest in the exhibition season.[/b]

Anyone worried?[/b]

Not really. Teams such as Athletes in Action have been banned from playing D1 NCAA teams in preseason. I"m willing to bet the roster Pheifer played bares little to no resemblence to that which played NCSU and Wake Forest last year. Even if it is the same team, I’m sure they were trying to prove something vs those teams last year, don’t think they were circling Phiefer on their calender this year.

I am sure Pfeifer will be really ready to play us, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a close game. But win or loose, it is just preseason, I’d expect a 10-15 point win for the good guys, but wouldn’t be too shocked with a closer game.

As for student tickets, students just don’t show up to preseason games. Add in election night and opening night of the NBA(if somebody is a basketball fan i’d think that would be an issue), just leads to poor ticket distribution. But the good news is that apparently the distribution morning turnout was pretty good, so the people who will be there will really want to be there and give some good energy, at least for a preseason game.

only about 24 hours away now, seems like it’s been 8 months since i’ve seen the niners play a real game in person!

Bobby said he’d rather play the traveling teams because they have better size and are closer to the teams we play. Although, he is glad he can help out Pfeiffer. According to the Observer story today, Pfeiffer will get $5000 for playing.

Pfeiffer’s going to press the heck out of us and SHOOT a bunch of THREES. Of course, Pfeiffer’s coach (Dave Davis) was an assistant under Lutz.

Observer: New preseason rules (Charlotte-Pfeiffer)

Are they still NAIA?

are we expecting to make 5000 from tickets?

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 10:26 AM [b] Are they still NAIA? [/b]
They are DII and play in the CVAC (Carolinas-Virginia Ath Conference; Queens, Belmont Abbey, Coker, Erskine, St. Andrews, etc.)

Pfeiffer Athletics

Pfeiffer season outlook

PG, Rico Grier and 6’9" Center, Damien Argrett are the ones to watch.

Should we win, I say we give these guys a hand. No need to treat them like Cincy.

Thanks, Lefty.

With all due respect to Ninerreport, Pfeiffer does not return virtually the same team as last season. From the Pfeiffer outlook:

Gone are six seniors who won 53 games over their final two
years. “You cannot replace the things that Anthony Williams and Lamont
McKnight gave our team last year,” said Pfeiffer head basketball coach
Dave Davis, who is entering his 9th season. Tim Granold made 100
3-pointers and shot 50% from that distance and Kenny Mickens was a
terrific scorer. Dan Anderson and Jay Rhoades battled injuries
their entire careers but made major contributions.

Yes, they have Rico Grier. Mr. Grier, meet Mr. Basden!!!

GO NINERS!!!

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 12:35 PM [b] Thanks, Lefty.

Yes, they have Rico Grier. Mr. Grier, meet Mr. Basden!!!

GO NINERS!!! [/b]

Actually, it may be “Meet Mr. Goldwire”. We’ll see if Lee can D like they say he can.

No problem. I saw you had some of the links in an older thread. They also have Rico’s brother who led the team in scoring vs AIA.

Interesting note from their game with AIA, North Carolina University star Donald Williams chipped in with 16. Remember him. He went to my high school (Garner).

Pfeiffer website says tickets can be purchased for $5 for tonights game.

Is Mitch playing tonight?

I can’t answer about Mitch (though I highly doubt he would play), but I did find it interesting that Saint Louis provides an injury report leading into their exhibition Friday night.

Link: Billikens Open Preseason with UMSL Doubleheader

GO NINERS! PLUCK THE FALCONS!

Mitch is going to play about 10 or so minutes tonight