Coaches Show recap?

Anyone catch the coaches show last night and able to provide a recap?

Really hate these aren’t archived.

I caught just the very tail end of the show (last 15), he spoke very highly of Quentin Jackson said he will make a big impact for us next year and also said that the freshmen are playing a lot of minutes and need to find a way to keep them fresh.

Recap of tonight’s show? Anyone? Beuller?

Any talk lately of what teams are on the schedule for next season?

I’ll start the thread once our season is over. But right now this is what we know/assume:

at Wake Forest
at Davidson
Appalachian State
East Carolina

I’ll start the thread once our season is over. But right now this is what we know/assume:

at Wake Forest
at Davidson
Appalachian State
East Carolina[/quote]I would like to see UNCW added to the list as well. Davidson, App, ECU, and UNCW should be on the schedule every year IMO.

Any word on what tournament we are playing in next year? I hope it is something decent, but not outrageously loaded like Atlantis was this year.

at Wake Forest
at Davidson
Appalachian State
East Carolina[/quote]I would like to see UNCW added to the list as well. Davidson, App, ECU, and UNCW should be on the schedule every year IMO.

Any word on what tournament we are playing in next year? I hope it is something decent, but not outrageously loaded like Atlantis was this year.[/quote]

I don’t mind scheduling UNCW on a regular basis - but every year is a bit much. Maybe alternate with them and College of Charleston?

[quote=“2k, post:1, topic:30192”]Anyone catch the coaches show last night and able to provide a recap?

Really hate these aren’t archived.[/quote]
[size=4]

[font=verdana]¯_(ツ)_/¯[/font][/size]

Fancher talked last night about how we’re have more depth next year. We have Price and Ajuwka (Dec break) coming in next year as transfers, Quentin Jackson Jr (4-star) and Najee Garvin. I anticipate we’ll add at least 1 more player (big).

In 8 months we have gone from “will we have enough players to field a team?” to “will somebody transfer to make room for another recruit?”. My head is spinning.

at Wake Forest
at Davidson
Appalachian State

Any word on what tournament we are playing in next year? I hope it is something decent, but not outrageously loaded like Atlantis was this year.[/quote]

If enjoyed us coming new me in Greensboro. How about @UNCG or HPU or Elon.

at Wake Forest
at Davidson
Appalachian State

If enjoyed us coming new me in Greensboro. How about @UNCG or HPU or Elon.[/quote]

Let’s just go independent, and only play NC schools, except for the NC ACC schools.

What is going on here?

at Wake Forest
at Davidson
Appalachian State

If enjoyed us coming new me in Greensboro. How about @UNCG or HPU or Elon.[/quote]

Let’s just go independent, and only play NC schools, except for the NC ACC schools.

What is going on here?[/quote]

not sure. for some reason, people want to see us play app. and elon and schools like that. id rather play a school like iona, who actually wins their conference and could look decent on a resume.

We need to schedule teams with higher RPI’s to help get into tourney. Elon and App does not help us with RPI. Basketball schedules should always be set-up with our RPI in mind as we hopefully get better to try to get into tourney. Playing Elon and App not only hurts us, but the whole conference.

at Wake Forest
at Davidson
Appalachian State

What is going on here?[/quote]

not sure. for some reason, people want to see us play app. and elon and schools like that. id rather play a school like iona, who actually wins their conference and could look decent on a resume.[/quote]

Balancing act - i think we need schools that help like Iona but then our fan base and community reacts well to local recognizable teams. I don’t mind playing App and ECU on a regular basis and don’t mind adding a few other regional schools, but we have to limit the number of them so that we don’t hit the RPI too hard.

@ Wake Forest? Prepare to be “ACC’d”, NINER NATION. If you don’t know what that is, just watch this game and you’ll see, and NOT be happy. Over the years, I’ve seen it many times, but vs Wake (@ Wake) were 2 of the worst I’ve ever seen.

[quote=“woodniner, post:14, topic:30192”]We need to schedule teams with higher RPI’s to help get into tourney. Elon and App does not help us with RPI. Basketball schedules should always be set-up with our RPI in mind as we hopefully get better to try to get into tourney. Playing Elon and App not only hurts us, but the whole conference.[/quote]We’re ALWAYS going to schedule some schools that are anchors. I’d rather those anchors be someone like App State than NC A & T. Every school schedules games against bad teams.

We lost to Campbell and Elon this year anyway and lost. That’s what hurts us and the conference more than anything else.

[quote=“Niner National, post:17, topic:30192”][quote=“woodniner, post:14, topic:30192”]We need to schedule teams with higher RPI’s to help get into tourney. Elon and App does not help us with RPI. Basketball schedules should always be set-up with our RPI in mind as we hopefully get better to try to get into tourney. Playing Elon and App not only hurts us, but the whole conference.[/quote]We’re ALWAYS going to schedule some schools that are anchors. I’d rather those anchors be someone like App State than NC A & T. Every school schedules games against bad teams.

We lost to Campbell and Elon this year anyway and lost. That’s what hurts us and the conference more than anything else.[/quote]

We’re not getting in the NCAA Tournament by gaming the RPI. Having a high RPI is only a huge help if you’re in a power conference. For teams like us you need wins against teams in the at-large pool. Teams that will have single digit seeds on selection Sunday take a few chances for wins like that, then schedule soft, but not too soft (No more NC A&T ,please), to build up your win percentage before C-USA play starts. (Like we did by beating Kansas State & Michigan in 2013-14) Then we just have to take care of business against C-USA, and win the games we’re supposed to. (Like we didn’t do against UTSA, Rice, Marshall, etc. in 2013-14)

I haven’t heard anything about the early season tournament next year.

If I was Coach Price, I wouldn’t be too ambitious with the rest of the schedule. We’ve made some very nice strides since the beginning of the season. But I think we’re another season away from being competitive with the at-large field. Depending on what even we sign up for, I think we should just try to play as many home games as possible with maybe a buy game or two.

UNCW would be a very good team to schedule. They are the best team in the CAA this year

well, wake forest loses four starters and does not return a ton of talent outside of their young bigs and that guard. how about we not let the game be close and just blow them out so that the refs dont play a factor. i expect a win there next season.

I hope we blow wake out, and woods realizes he screwed up