Coley will tryout with Harlem Wizards

CC3 in Wizardā€™s warm-ups

Sweet!

Is he planning on actually graduating? Not trying to judge him if heā€™s abandoning his degree to pursue a career in basketball, just curious. (I ask because if hes with them now, and finals are soonā€¦)

Iā€™m not 100% sure, but doesnā€™t graduation rate affect the program?

[QUOTE=eason49;402675]Is he planning on actually graduating? Not trying to judge him if heā€™s abandoning his degree to pursue a career in basketball, just curious. (I ask because if hes with them now, and finals are soonā€¦)

Iā€™m not 100% sure, but doesnā€™t graduation rate affect the program?[/QUOTE]

The picture is from a few weeks ago, the article linked also mentioned him flying to Charlotte for school. The article also says ā€œwe hope to have him on the roster full-time in the 09-10 season.ā€

Sounds like he is going to finish school and join them for their next season.

Is he planning on actually graduating? Not trying to judge him if he's abandoning his degree to pursue a career in basketball, just curious. (I ask because if hes with them now, and finals are soon.....)

yes, it is important for ENTIRE program

WHAT!!! No Fro!!!Coley what happened to the hair?

Is he planning on actually graduating? Not trying to judge him if he's abandoning his degree to pursue a career in basketball, just curious. (I ask because if hes with them now, and finals are soon.....)

I read a quote from Coley a while back saying that he will be finishing his degree up this summer.

He could probably take classes on the internet, & still travel w/ the Harlem Wizards.
So when in the fall is Harlem Wizards vs. Charlotte 49ers at Halton?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;402962]So when in the fall is Harlem Wizards vs. Charlotte 49ers at Halton?[/QUOTE]

This Fall? Iā€™ll take the Niners but I want points.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;402962]So when in the fall is Harlem Wizards vs. Charlotte 49ers at Halton?[/QUOTE]

Under current NCAA rules, it canā€™t happen. Scrimmages must be against another NCAA member school.

[QUOTE=X-49er;403014]Under current NCAA rules, it canā€™t happen. Scrimmages must be against another NCAA member school.[/QUOTE]

I remember a few years ago Michigan St. and a bunch of others schools scrimmaged the Harlem Globetrotters competitive team. Did they change the rules since then?

[QUOTE=wayton5646;403066]I remember a few years ago Michigan St. and a bunch of others schools scrimmaged the Harlem Globetrotters competitive team. Did they change the rules since then?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Donā€™t remember the year and donā€™t feel like looking. Look over our schedules from the last 6-7 seasons and you should be able to tell which year the rule went into effect banning the scrimmaging of professional All-Star teams. We used to scrimmage Global All-Stars and others before the rule change.

Somebody correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but in 1992 or 1993 March Madness game we scrimmaged a Charlotte Royals team that had Jay Bilas on it. The game was played in Belk Gym.