Coley will tryout with Harlem Wizards

[URL]http://gmine.blogspot.com/2009/03/coley-gets-tryout-with-harlem-wizards.html[/URL]

Nice that’s awesome, hope he can make it

GREAT NEWS !!! I never thought about Coley playing for a team like this, but it does make a lot of sense. His leaping and dunking ability is a perfect fit.

So is the Harlem Wizards a copycat of the Harlem Globetrotters?
And yes, I do hope he makes it.

pretty sweet. would be a travesty for him to not be showcasing his athleticism somewhere.

sounds about right.

http://www.harlemwizards.com/about/wizards_history.php

Congrats to Charlie. Getting paid to play a game is all good.

Side note about their website: I love how they brag about “the longest winning streak”. That’s hilarious. If they play teams like the Globetrotters play, then the games are rigged or the competition couldn’t when a Y-league game.

He should bring them to play us in an exhibition at Halton.

[QUOTE=X-49er;396596]Side note about their website: I love how they brag about “the longest winning streak”. That’s hilarious. If they play teams like the Globetrotters play, then the games are rigged or the competition couldn’t when a Y-league game.[/QUOTE]

It looks like they play college teams and national teams.

[QUOTE=The Lax;396601]It looks like they play college teams and national teams.[/QUOTE]

Which makes them bragging about it all the more hilarious considering this is a pro team playing mostly amateur competition.

It looks like they play college teams and national teams.

Would be awesome if Charlie was on the team and we got to scrimmage them.

id like to see coley get a tryout with the bobcats.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;396607]Would be awesome if Charlie was on the team and we got to scrimmage them.[/QUOTE]

NCAA teams can no longer scrimmage professional teams. It has to be a lower level NCAA team.

[QUOTE=X-49er;396609]NCAA teams can no longer scrimmage professional teams. It has to be a lower level NCAA team.[/QUOTE]

clt recommends that we scrimmage davidson then…zing!

clt recommends that we scrimmage davidson then......zing!

we tried…remember? last time we played/beat them was…oh yeah…the best year in the history of their program

this is great news for coley. and good news for the niners. maybe they will play a game in charlotte.

Our Jermaine Williams played for the Globetrotters.

Any update?

Press Release by the Wizards after the dunk contest

Charlie is super talented, has a flair for the dramatic and also a good kid. We will be talking to Charlie and hope to have him on the Wizards roster for the 09-10 season.