College athletes and compensation - NIL, Alston v NCAA, etc 💰

Does anyone know, for a fact, what players at Charlotte May be getting from NIL???

I have no idea - I hope some are making something. My fear is that local businesses would rather give NIL money to those in the ACC, especially with them likely bringing their Satanic headquarters to this city.

Literally months late and millions of dollars short. Just shut the NCAA down please. They serve no purpose at this point.

1 Like

The ACC headquarters is moving to Charlotte?

Charlotte and Orlando are the finalists.

I said “likely” because that’s how I see it playing out - I’d really like to be wrong here because I want those bastards in Orlando

1 Like

It may be hard to enforce but I’m glad they are at least putting up some resistance. I think it’s pretty clear that boosters paying players to lure them to a school goes against the no pay to play part of NIL. They should have been enforcing that from the beginning.

Agreed. Orlando can have them.

“The growing collectives at big-time programs are under threat, but does the NCAA have the resources to enforce it?”
Resources, yes. Fortitude, no. When they find one of the bluebloods in violation, the NCAA will be so mad that they will put Slippery Rock University on five years probation.

I am so shocked that any of this is happening due to NIL.
You would have to be a genius to have seen this coming.
No one expected this kill college athletics for about every school
except the top 20 in football.

Said no one.

2 Likes

Even the top 20, the way it’s currently constituted you have (1) year contracts with complete free agency, no salary cap, and no roster limit (NIL can fund scholarships). No professional league in the world is set up that way (as far as I know).

Unsustainable.

Well one of them died three years ago, so I don’t think he will be much of a contributor.

They’ll enforce it for anyone not in the P5

2 Likes