College Basketball - Proposed rule changes

Whatever happened to where after you are in the penalty and fouled, you get to choose FT or to take the ball out? Or was that nba? I like the idea but some of the all time great come backs in the last minute wouldn’t have happened

I just wished they would enforce the current traveling rules. I guess I am old school but the ability to take two to three steps without dribbling is way too common now. Hurts our team as we focus on defensive positioning only to see a guy slide his pivot foot a foot and then take two more steps.
Maybe I am turning into an old fogey.

2 Likes

I’d like palming/carrying the ball to be called. Was a point of emphasis for a while but not anymore.

2 Likes

I’m fine with the call being made more this year… but not last year! Looking at you shepherd. :eyes:

Not sure what I think of Fraschilla’s idea of granting an extra foul if game goes to OT. Would that make someone who had fouled out during regulation eligible to re-enter?

Anyway, don’t think many - with the noted exception of DeCourcy - are reading the fine print on the NCAA proposal. Originally a player would be allowed three personals per half, but changed to fouling out if four PFs accumulated in a single half. Hmm… :thinking:

If I were king for a day there would be two changes immediately. You have ten seconds to get the ball accross midcourt period. Even if you call a TO. Second once you cross midcourt you can’t inbound the ball in the backcourt

1 Like

I second those. I would add going to quarters and getting rid of the backside charge call. If a player makes a good cut to the basket stepping in front of him should be a foul. Not vice versa.

1 Like

If Lutz’s teams could not inbound into the backcourt, we would have had multiple 5 second violations. :rofl:

That was laughable. When you witness it firsthand, some may think you are being over the top or exaggerative but we have never had that issue since that one year. It was unreal to watch. I thought that was Majors team with Henry though, no?

I remember as Lutz toward the end of his tenure. Could be wrong.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1453844503052361730

The items related to recruiting:

From Mike Hall of the Big Ten Network:

In addition to headline about flopping, NIT and conferences will be allowed to experiment with an additional media timeout each half.

Sanchez would have an aneurysm?

1 Like