College Basketball - Proposed rule changes

Among the proposals are extending the 3 point line to the international distance and resetting the shot clock to 20 seconds on an offensive rebound.

I’m curious to see the stats on % of overall shots taken outside the 3pt line before and after the change. It may open the middle a little but I don’t think it decreases the % of 3pt shots taken.

Better for slashers though.

This could be a good excuse to buy a new court. Been a minute since they updated it.

Prob wouldn’t happen until branding assessment is finalized.

That’s a fair point, I’m looking forward to what they come up with. Brand is already :100: compared to the old regime.

clt would enjoy the old school norm at mid court

2 Likes

Agreed

All five proposals approved.

This proposal, if approved, would probably go into affect in 2020-21 at the earliest.

A dozen proposals for 2021-22:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1382343899511934977

Ey8PcrCWUAs79od

https://247sports.com/Article/NCAA-college-basketball-rule-changes-2021-22-season-six-fouls-number-of-timeouts-164205988/

DeCourcy gives his 2 cents on 6 personal fouls:

Allowing a team to choose to in ball the ball instead of FTs in last 2 min is an interesting rule. NBA needs that.

I’m too old for this shit. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, I’ve said for many years the 10 second rule should go. It and the 5 second closely guarded rule
(to a lesser extent) should have been abolished with the introduction of the shot clock as both were instituted in the first place to keep teams from holding the ball.

Now if we can just get rid of that use or lose it rule for first half timeouts, we can stop coaches from calling TO with 15 seconds left in the first half to discuss pretty much nothing.

While I’m changing the rules, I will also still allow time for a team to replace a fouled out player, but said team will keep the other 4 players on the damned floor while in process of replacing the player. No more huddling up for coaching.