College basketball scandal

I guess that lawsuit he filed is going to disappear. What a moron.

I guess that lawsuit he filed is going to disappear. What a moron.[/quote]

clt says Roy knew

I guess that lawsuit he filed is going to disappear. What a moron.[/quote]

clt says Roy knew[/quote]

Roy is too busy to know anything related to his basketball team such as classes, money, rental cars, cell phone, relationships with felons, etc…

WDRB.com: Evidence suggests Rick Pitino was ‘aware and supported’ recruiting scheme, Adidas says in court filing

Courier-Journal.com: Rick Pitino suing University of Louisville Athletic Association for more than $35 million

CBSSports.com: Big-name coaches open up about college basketball’s problems and how to fix them

NABC.com: NABC Forms Ad Hoc Committee on Men’s College Basketball

[quote=“Run49er, post:66, topic:31097”]CBSSports.com: Big-name coaches open up about college basketball’s problems and how to fix them

NABC.com: NABC Forms Ad Hoc Committee on Men’s College Basketball[/quote]

Got to love the idea of interviewing Roy Williams about coaches cheating and how to fix it.

[font=proxima-nova][size=18px] I've been investigated seven times. Seven committees came out and said, 'Roy didn't know what was going on...[/size][/font]

Truer words were never spoken!

I put this here, but I think many who graduated would take a scandal if we did what Louisville did over the last 20 years. :)) I know scandals are not good, but the Louisville AD did a remarkable job. Read about the basketball arena deal he made with the city. While bad for the city residents it was great for the University athletics. This was a business man running athletics/

Some Highlights on growth:
“Over the past 20 years, Jurich had built a sports empire on top of a midlevel commuter school near the Ohio River, transforming the campus and infusing a genteel Southern city that lacked a professional team with the excitement of big-time sports. Jurich was so successful generating money that “I wished I could turn them upside down and shake out their pocket change for the academic side,” says Thomas B. Byers, a professor emeritus in the English department.”

“Louisville’s athletics budget then was $16.5 million. Jurich embarked on an ambitious growth strategy that would solve Louisville’s Title IX problems and build up nonrevenue sports such as swimming and soccer while ensuring that the basketball and football teams were successful enough to support the enterprise.”

On exposure due to Athletics:
““I can give $5 million to stem cell research and it’s gonna help stem cell research,” says Dr. Mark Lynn, an optometry-chain owner whose name adorns the soccer complex. “I give $5 million to a soccer stadium and it’s gonna help everything.” Lynn says sports bring the school visibility.”

State Representative on AD:
"“The University of Louisville is a state facility … and it is not their kingdom. They are not the kings, and the princes, and the nobility in the kingdom. They’re temporary stewards of these programs.”

Wonder if our knucklehead chancellor even knows Donovan Mitchell (UL best player in a decade) is the son of my former UNCC teammate Donovan Mitchell, 49er 3b in early 90s, first team all-metro and current Mets employee.

Did we recruit him? Nah. Coulda been another Curry. Oh and he’s ok I’m the NBA too. 17ppg

ESPN.com: How a midlevel school became The University of Adidas at Louisville

ESPN.com: Mark Emmert disturbed by findings of FBI investigation

ESPN.com: NCAA president: ‘Meaningful change’ to come before tipoff of '18

CBSSports.com: FBI probe on NCAA basketball: Four months later, everyone’s still holding breath

clt says the NCAA is a feckless money making machine.

Blow it all up.

Sexual assault charges in gymnastics /MSU along with BB corruption hopefully will bring about changes. Heat is finally on NCAA.

Claire McCaskill to Mark Emmert in 2014 on the NCAA’s failures in handling sexual assault: "I can’t even tell whether you’re in charge or whether you’re a minion. If you’re merely a monetary pass-through, why should you even exist?” Rings true again.

At some point the power 5 leagues leave the NCAA. Not sure what the NCAA does for them besides take a share. I would guess they keep alot more revenue because the fans will keep watching the big schools even if they form another assoc. Then the new assoc signs some deal with 280 NCAA teams left behind.

It’s why the NCAA was afraid of UNC.

The NCAA runs the championships in the non-revenue sports. The P5 schools dominate those and need them for Title IX compliance. Maybe the P5 think they can run their own championships in those sports, but they would be a distraction and a duplication.

If the P5 break off from the NCAA, they’ll still play non-P5 schools in basketball and football to pad their winning percentages. How many teams would play in a P5 basketball championship? 32 teams means almost half make the tournament. Without victories over non-P5 schools, the first round games would feature 28-5 schools playing 16-15 schools, without the David vs Goliath angle.

[quote=“frequentvisitor, post:76, topic:31097”]The NCAA runs the championships in the non-revenue sports. The P5 schools dominate those and need them for Title IX compliance. Maybe the P5 think they can run their own championships in those sports, but they would be a distraction and a duplication.

If the P5 break off from the NCAA, they’ll still play non-P5 schools in basketball and football to pad their winning percentages. How many teams would play in a P5 basketball championship? 32 teams means almost half make the tournament. Without victories over non-P5 schools, the first round games would feature 28-5 schools playing 16-15 schools, without the David vs Goliath angle.[/quote]

My money says their tv ratings will suffer without the upset potential of a Weber State defeating the tarholes, or the Cinderella effect of a strong non P-5 advancing to the Final Four.

ESPN.com: Feds drop charges against AAU basketball program director in Adidas scandal case

Now the Feds need to drop the charges against everyone else, & apologize for nosing into the NCAA’s business. Separate the sport & state!

FWIW, as the article points out, the reason the charges were dropped against Jonathan Augustine is because he is cooperating with the authorities.