College basketball scandal

FWIW, as the article points out, the reason the charges were dropped against Jonathan Augustine is because he is cooperating with the authorities.[/quote]Sing Like A Canary. | Print Ads | hobbyDB

clt says to drop all charges. After CHeat got way with their fraud, no rules matter.

Chapel Hill didn’t cheat, they just got the NCAA to redefine integrity for them.

Run49er, my Dad used to say if the only evidence you have is testimony of a snitch, then you have no evidence.

Tweeted by Mark Schlabach of ESPN:

[Quote]Sources tell ESPN as many as 3 dozen Division I basketball programs could face NCAA penalties once evidence of FBI probe is public. "It’s not the mid-major programs who were trying to buy players to get to the top. It’s the team14th s that are already there."
6:27 PM · Feb 14, 2018
[/quote]

Plus link to his latest piece:

ESPN.com: Ex-Adidas execs, agent want federal charges dropped in corruption case

And a follow-up tweet by Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports:

[Quote]Judge in federal basketball corruption case denies the motion to dismiss brought forward by lawyers for Merl Code, Jim Gatto and Christian Dawkins. They’d argued essentially there were no victims. Judge emphatically disagreed.
10:42 AM · Feb 15, 2018[/quote]

clt says nike must have bribed the NCAa with a larger check

Sources tell @YahooSports that the breadth and depth of material in discovery in the Basketball corruption cases will alter the sport of college basketball. Hall of Fame coaches, Lottery picks and top programs are all exposed to significant sanctions. https://t.co/u8cwrw0VOZ

What’s a lottery pick got to lose? What sanction…he is gone!

If this is an FBI investigation, there will not be loss of scholarships, games and championships forfeited or fines paid. People will go to prison, I assume. Am I right?

Depends on if FBI provides info to NCAA

Just a reminder.

It’s not a crime to cheat.

[quote=“metro, post:92, topic:31097”]Just a reminder.

It’s not a crime to cheat.[/quote]

The cheating itself isn’t but the by-product is which means we have criminal elements involved at the highest levels of college basketball elite.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:93, topic:31097”][quote=“metro, post:92, topic:31097”]Just a reminder.

It’s not a crime to cheat.[/quote]

The cheating itself isn’t but the by-product is which means we have criminal elements involved at the highest levels of college basketball elite.[/quote]

It’s a crime to get paid $100,000 in cash and not report it to the IRS. It’s a crime for a company to pay money to people off the books.

clt asks if this is just adidas schools?

After the NCAA revealed its true colors in the CHeat case, the pessimism is easy to understand. It really does come down to charges and convictions by the FBI. The NCAA will have a difficult time (though I am absolutely certain they will try!) deflecting this issue once the FBIs case becomes public and the evidence introduced in court or otherwise made public.

The FBI has investigative powers the NCAA never had, or would have used anyway. There’s no stonewalling them. I am certain they will expose the scandal in full, and I suspect the NCAA will be working with the subject schools to work out as many deals as possible to keep facts and evidence as shielded as possible, but I imagine the political pressure to make everything public will be enormous once info starts leaking out in greater detail.

The NCAA is impotent. All the leverage is with the big schools. Its basically a front to pretend its governed and the P5 tells them what to do.

The FBI is impotent. Yahoo websites saying FBI investigated FL school shooter, & found nothing before hand, despite many complaints of threats. Yet they have time for silly B-Ball investigation. This is why people say F the gov’t! >:D

clt says CHeat has to be the least respected athletic program in the country

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article200074549.html

Pat Forde and Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports provide the latest.

Yahoo.com: Sources: Spreadsheets, wiretaps and bank records detail payment scheme in hoops corruption case