College Sports hastens its demise: 15 schools set to pay stipends > $4,000

RT @GoodmanESPN: Horizon League announces it has unanimously passed cost-of-attendance legislation on Friday, mandating measure in men’s basketball.

[quote=“moss2k, post:21, topic:29551”]RT @GoodmanESPN: Horizon League announces it has unanimously passed cost-of-attendance legislation on Friday, mandating measure in men’s basketball.[/quote]Are there Title IX implications here???

Yeah I though those stipends were going to be applied across the board. This is going to get really interesting

Also, from what I read about the judges decision in the O’Bannon case, there is also limited revenue sharing coming down the pike. I’m sure the NCAA is slow boating that as long as they can but it’s going to happen most likely.

According to this the stipends are calculated on a 9 month schedule. When an athlete attends summer school the stipend will go up.

We will have stipends next year, not on a P5 scale but we’ll have them

clt says the stipends should be universal across all FBS teams.

Can you direct us to some information regarding our stipends? Would be very interesting to see details.

A difference of even $1,000 per year is very significant when an 18 yr old is thinking about potential spending $.

CBSSports.com: Court shuts down plan to pay athletes, says NCAA violates antitrust law

Could somebody break all of this down to non-lawyerly terms?

What I’m reading is that the stipends are no longer a thing?

It seems to me that the non-P5 schools do not make any money to be divided with the players. We have seen in recent days that ECU and App are not even able to pay their current expenses.

clt says create fake classes. Then pay the student athletes to attend

clt would ban shoe deals for colleges and coaches.

Want to provide free gear for the exposure? Fine, that is all.

1 Like