CONCACAF-Champions League

Concacaf must be North/Central America version of the Euro League.
It started yesterday with 16 teams split in 4 divisions. Each division has 1 US team. It would be cool if the US won all 4 divisions & had all 4 teams in the Final 4.

The US teams are:
Real Salt Lake of MLS in Group A vs. Toronto FC of MLS & Canada, Arabe Unido of Panama, & Cruz Azul of Mexico.

Columbus of MLS in Group B vs. Joe Public of Trinidad & Tobago, Municipal of Guatemala, & Santos Laguna of Mexico.

Seattle FC of MLS in Group C vs. Monterrey of Mexico, Saprissa of Costa Rica, & Marathon of Honduras.

Puerto Rico Islanders in Group D vs. Olimpia of Honduras, FAS of El Salvador, & Toluca of Mexico.

US teams are 2-0-1 so far in the Concacaf Champions League so far. Undeafeated!!!
USA! USA! USA! USA!

Toronto’s victory over Cruz Azul is definitely an impressive result. We need an MLS team to win this eventually to further add to the credibility of the league.

By the way, Sounders FC lost their first match 2-1 at Marathon of Honduras.

PS: It was embarrassing that the “class of the MLS” LA Galaxy couldn’t get past the Islanders…

i try to watch the CCL when it comes on Fox, but it’s usually further (farther?) down my list of soccer watching priorities. The problem the MLS has is no depth on the squads. MLS limits the number of players on each squad, so you essentially limit them. Usually the teams that are out of the MLS playoffs, playoff-hunt can do better b/c they won’t have to rest their better players for league play (ditto for the US open cup). And don’t forget the SuperLiga thing as well.

LA was a bad loss, I watched that one, they had most of their regulars and just played uninspired ball.

I can see columbus and Real Salt coming out of group play, the others will struggle to move on.