Conference Realignment - FSU Twist?

[URL]http://charlotte.johnlocke.org/blog/?p=2791[/URL]

I am thinking this is a long shot, but is it possible that FSU could get forced out of the ACC? What if they go back to independent?

The Big 10 is looking for another school, the ACC would then want another school. The Big East would be likely target for both conference to pick a team from, leaving the Big East at 14 teams, but only 6 teams supporting football.

I think the ACC would pressure FSU to clean house before they threw them out of the conference.

Now that they can finally beat them, the rest of the programs want to suddenly kick them out. 12 titles in 17 seasons. While they buttered the rest of the conference’s bread, it was okay to have them but now they are a detriment to the conference? Their scandals were frequent even before this one, so turning this into an end-all is a little over the top.

[QUOTE=X-49er;334289]Now that they can finally beat them, the rest of the programs want to suddenly kick them out. 12 titles in 17 seasons. While they buttered the rest of the conference’s bread, it was okay to have them but now they are a detriment to the conference? Their scandals were frequent even before this one, so turning this into an end-all is a little over the top.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Without FSU would the ACC even been considered for the BCS? They were the only good team when the whole BCS scenario began.

Very true. Without FSU would the ACC even been considered for the BCS? They were the only good team when the whole BCS scenario began.
Ever since Chris Picks (Rix) they haven't been the same. Bowden needs to retire, and they should have not have given Jimbo the promise they did, and instead went for Richt at UGA.

Also, just wanted to say I don’t think FSU is going anywhere, but it is fun to speculate when nothing else is happening in August.

[QUOTE=ninerID;334293]Ever since Chris Picks (Rix) they haven’t been the same. Bowden needs to retire, and they should have not have given Jimbo the promise they did, and instead went for Richt at UGA.

Also, just wanted to say I don’t think FSU is going anywhere, but it is fun to speculate when nothing else is happening in August.[/QUOTE]

Its funny how these programs bow down to these washed up coaches. FSU with Bowden & Penn State with Paterno. I wonder if VT will let this happen when Beamer becomes senile?

Its funny how these programs bow down to these washed up coaches. FSU with Bowden & Penn State with Paterno. I wonder if VT will let this happen when Beamer becomes senile?

I’d hope not since he doesn’t have near the accomplishments those two have.

It may be a far stretch, but it’s even further for Charlotte as long as we continue to NOT HAVE FOOTBALL!!! The chancellor should get this article to show how we may miss the boat again.