Conference Realignment (Part 1)

Now official:

Been reading about Yormark and see why the Big XII presidents tabbed him to be their new commish. Although his longtime sports experience is primarily at the pro level - NBA and NASCAR - his success at getting dollars etc is very impressive.

More shake ups comingā€¦

Stuffs getting ridiculous.

1 Like

Yeah this whole thing is about to implode.

The breakaway is happening soon.

Also, I bet USC and UCLA fans canā€™t wait to travel to Iowa City and Lincoln, NE. :roll_eyes:

Realignment should now officially be a drinking game.

If this somehow made the ACC crumble into ashes I would jump for joy. They started this nonsense. The ACC honks on FNZ were just crying about it now.

1 Like

Even if the ACC fell apart, the schools that run it and are responsible will still make bank. Thereā€™s no way they suffer.

If this actually happens and isnā€™t a TV deal ploy, then if I were the PAC 12, Iā€™d seriously consider backfilling with SDSU and 1-3 from the Big 12.

Big 12 could absorb that without disintegrating but would be a totally different league and resemble the AAC more and more.

SDSU has the solid hoops program and a nice new football stadium coming online, and would help replace some lost Cali market share.

SDSU has a good shot. The Pac doesnā€™t want to lose a presence in SoCal. All the rest is hard to see through the Magic 8-ball yet.

• Colorado St doesnā€™t bring them anything they donā€™t already have.
  • Same with BYU.
  • Outside of Boise St. the rest of the MWC doesnā€™t bring them anything they want.
  • Boise St. isnā€™t much better for them.
  • Can they poach from the Big 12?

Itā€™s not???

Fair enough.

Iā€™d make a play for SDSU, Ok State, BYU, and maybe Texas Tech if I were the PAC. Iā€™d say Iowa State but I just canā€™t see the cultural fit.

Oddly I wouldnā€™t pursue Kansas either.

If Gonzaga played footballā€¦

I think the AACs Texas move suddenly makes a ton of sense. Big 12 could still come after Memphis and SMU, but I donā€™t think they would go deeper than that.

Honestly I have no confidence in who could raid who between the Pac and the Big 12.

That said, I bet thereā€™s some champagne already on ice at SDSU. We were just talking the other day about how their new stadium was a ā€œlook at meā€ for Pac attention. Now they are the only option left in Southern California.

THIS is why you invest in facilities!

3 Likes

Best case for us (since we arenā€™t anywhere near getting another call up) is for the PAC to take Boise St and SDSU and hold.

Then we hope that the MWC makes regional decisions and takes UTEP and NMSU.

Just going to be 2 mega conferences. Either youā€™re in or out. Guess thatā€™ll do it for us.

3 Likes

I completely agree about SDSU. They will be big winners in all this.

I have been admiring them from afar for a while now. They were well positioned for all of this.

I canā€™t see Boise in the PAC 12. I think theyā€™d make a play for a disgruntled Big 12 program instead, or BYU.