Conference Realignment (Part 1)

clt is hearing notre dame to the big ten next

This is my favorite reaction so far:

Does the PAC12 backfill from the Big XII? I could see BYU being a target. What is Oregon and Washington going to do?

This could have benefited us but itā€™s too soon, I think the PAC XII would get into TX on the back-fill (and Kansas) but weā€™re not in a position to move up yet.

BYU with their religious affiliation will never be in the PAC XII.

Edit: I guess never say never but it would be extremely unlikely that BYU and Berkley would share a conference.

I am buying the idea that the B1G isnā€™t stopping with those 2.

More to come.

SEC might answer as well.

Two 20 team super leagues.

If I am Cal and Stanford and Oregon etc I am begging for a spot. Kansas fans are crying now too, and that is a textbook example of not properly investing in your revenue sports. Kansas would be in the B1G yesterday if they gave two shits about football.

clt has mentioned this beforeā€¦academics matter

except in the SEC

Man it might be too fast for us, but pickings are going to start getting slim.

At this rate, if we would actually build that stadium, we might find ourselves in an east coast division of the big 12 back with Cincy, and with UCF. Or something like that.

Mainly because of what NWA said.

Slim pickings.

1 Like

It has became a joke. Bad thing is schools like us are going to be the butt of the joke Iā€™m afraid

3 Likes

We are going to end up in a super regional have nots league with schools like us - 95% chance.

5% something crazier happens. Anything.

Same Pac12 guy that broke USC and UCLA.

Holy shit!

And this is why we should have been ultra aggressive about starting football under Rose, and facility upgrades, enhancements, and expansion under Hill, you never know when you may have the opportunity to showcase your program to a potential conference suitor, the trickle down effects will open up opportunities, too bad our passiveness will hamper our ability to reap any of the potential benefits from this

I am waiting to hear 2 of UVA, DUKE and CHEAT to the B1G. Longshot Notre Dame.

I have no basis other than gut.

clt says notre dame to big10 is dun. could see UVA and Duke as well. Big10 has academic standards so UNC CHeat may have issues. VAtech in play?

ACC is getting poached. hahahaha! They started this.