Conference Realignment (Part 1)

App - We should be in the SEC

Also App - We can’t pay to keep our website address http://appstatesports.com/

2 Likes

Someone with more motivation than me should snap up that address and make it a parody account.

They’d get it back from you if it is an official app state athletics website. When domains expire they are held for a while too before anyone else can pick them up.

clt says appstatesports.net is available for $12.88

CLT needs to buy this site and make sure it is well stocked with favorable trucker maps.

clt says just have this running constantly:

4 Likes

I would love for that to happen.

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

“And that’s that.”

3 Likes

In case anyone who is wondering about the membership of that board:

“CFP Governance - College Football Playoff” CFP Governance - College Football Playoff

Okay I’ll play the devil’s version of my moniker and ask this question:

Assuming football is just fundamentally incompatible with the NCAA model, is there any chance that if it fully breaks away from the NCAA, that conferences realign regionally in all other sports, or is MBB still too much of an ego / revenue driven stumbling block?

I think the answer is that MBB is still a problem, but the silver lining to all this CFB fuckery would be if we somehow ended up with highly regionalized MBB (and other sports as well) leagues.

I would be happy to be in a league with Crap State in hoops, if it also meant ECU, USC, and the ACC schools were in it too. And given the logistical differences between MBB and CFB, that would make so much more sense. Short drives are such a boon for a close to 30 game schedule, usually ayed 2x week. That would be fun as hell and possibly revive some old spark in the sport.

Wishful thinking I know. Just trying to make something edible out of this turd sandwich.

clt asks if aresco was on the call?

We were represented by one of these two dorks:

Bowtie WKU goober or SMU dude who somehow confirms that if you live anywhere near Dallas TX you automatically look a little bit like W’s cousin:

Also, who cropped that photo?

I think Jeff Goodman stated that Greg Sankey was pushing to remove automatic bids away from the lower tier leagues in hoops so I imagine they’ll take that as well for their College Brand League.

1 Like

Is this where I admit that I read that as Jeff Goldblum, and was all kinds of confused?

jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

I’d like to think that cals response when asked why they cant just join the big ten too was something like this

Wasn’t just Goodman who reported on Sankey’s remarks. Caused a good bit of backlash etc, most pointedly from Mike DeCourcy and Dana O’Neil.

1 Like

clt says cal should be aware of the implication