Conference Realignment (Part 1)

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

clt just feels awful for the acc

That guy is entertaining I guess, but he is about as reliable as that MVH3 goober I keep posting (so yeah, I’m just as guilty of posting gossip).

1 Like
1 Like

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

That’s my feeling too, a breakaway super league is kind of my final straw for watching top college sports much outside of my teams, and even these probably won’t get as much of my attention. I used to watch a couple non-Niners B-ball games most weekends, but not anymore. Just too many years of increasingly unfair treatment favoring “elite” programs and recently piling on further advantages with the NIL stuff (though UNC-Cheat getting off scot-free after brazenly lying about cheating was a significant turning point too).

I wonder if we’re unusual as fans, or if they will eventually notice declining ratings for college sports from all the other teams’ fans getting disrespected.

MVH3:

PAC is now looking at expanding by four because they fully expect to lose at least 2 schools in the near term. Possibly 2.

GK thinks Colorado and Arizona are the most likely to leave.

Apple negotiations may require PACN to be absorbed by Apple. All broadcasting capitol and Human Resources. This would be reflected in an increase to $26m per school but also requires ORWA stay and a presence in Colorado and SoCal (hence CSU talks starting).

6 PAC schools meeting with B12 over the next few days to review financial information and media projections.

OR/WA/CO/Utah/AZ/AZsU all having talks. ORWA thought to be mostly just an official look in.

B12 may only be interested in 2. 4 at the most. Would not take all 6.

Gonzaga and Villanova deep now in talks to join for basketball as Yormark will negotiate basketball separately in the next deal.

Nova has emerged as the favorite in the east after talks with UConn broke down due to UConn insisting on an all sports invite at a much reduced share.

TBS highly interested in B12 basketball in 2030 and will pay a premium if they cannot get what they want from next NBA deal-something to keep an eye on

I think San Diego State and Colorado State make the most sense as PAC 12 adds, though I understand the arguments against each. Boise State would be my 3rd choice.

These stadiums look comparable to many of the remaining PAC schools other than Oregon and Cal.

I think if you did add them, 5 years from now each would contribute to the league prestige. They would also benefit tremendously from the recruiting boost.

Side note: this story drew my attention -

That’s best-case scenario for us if they add Colorado St and SDSU.

1 Like

I dont see Cal and Stanford ever agreeing to Boise.

Villanova leaving the Big East???

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I wish this was the case, but I don’t believe it is. All this stuff is already happening, just in different forms. There’s already “Power” 5, Mid-major, Low-major, tv contracts, BCS, home/away scheduling, NIL, conference strength rankings, seeding /host schools, merchandise.