Conference Realignment (Part 1)

Wow. The CW??? Seriously?

1 Like

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/the-cw-interest-in-pac-12-sports

https://www.si.com/college/2023/04/12/tony-petitti-big-ten-new-commissioner

1 Like

Heresy!!!

1 Like

'" Iā€™ve always said you should have the transmitter in the helmet so you can talk to the college quarterback. You need to talk to the pro quarterback; why canā€™t you talk to the college quarterback?ā€ Brown says. ā€œThey say certain schools canā€™t afford it. If you canā€™t afford it, thatā€™s fine. Be in another division.ā€

God help me I agree with Mack

Iā€™m so close to tapping out of college athletics.

The closer this becomes to the NFL the closer I come to walking away.

1 Like

Mack Brown is fat and happyā€¦like lots of old, fat, happy people he wants more. Let the good times roll.

If athletes are rules employees and able to collectively bargain, get paid directly by the schools, etc., etc. we should drop down to whatever level thatā€™s not going to happen at. Be it FCS, D2, whatever.

We wonā€™t be alone.

Schools are going to have to make some very hard choices in the next 5 years.

I hope we make the choice to get out of the insanity of the level where players are directly compensated.

That model is completely unsustainable anyway for any institution where student fees fund anything more than actual services for all students.

It would either get knocked out in court, state legislatures, state school governing bodies, etc.

The mid tier schools that are wise will break off or drop down to a level thatā€™s more like how things used to be and is sustainable, or will go down to D3 non scholarship across the board.

IF that were to happen I hope we could join a conference of like minded schools in the Carolinaā€™s so we have regional rivals and easy travel games.

I donā€™t care what level we play at. I just want to see the Niners play.

5 Likes

I pushed for football because I wanted this school to be associated athletically and academically with good colleges like rice, temple, and wake. no offense to programs like nc central and campbell but the other porgrams are who I want to work with to help elevate the school and region.

4 Likes

A new conference for Coach Healy

1 Like

I just donā€™t think that looks like an FBS football conference. What would their budget capacity be and is it more in line with FCS or FBS?

Play a quick game (well everyone but @run49er - he will wreck the curve). How many of those team logos do you instantly recognize? I think youā€™re doing pretty well if your answer is even half of them.

Iā€™m kinda nerdy about this crap and I think I can only do about 5 or 6. I think I know a couple more but Iā€™m not sure.

Also, Healy could always go back to Austin Peay if they did pull off the FBS admission.

Thatā€™s alot of purple in one place, they might need a green team or two to offset those colors.

Can we join that conference basketball only? Ron needs some Wā€™s!

1 Like