Conference Realignment

At this point, do we really want any part of the BE anyway? That conference is going in the wrong direction.[/quote]

it is basically CUSA version 1.0 now. Question is do we jump on with them or hope we can pull some back into CUSA?

At this point, do we really want any part of the BE anyway? That conference is going in the wrong direction.[/quote]

it is basically CUSA version 1.0 now. Question is do we jump on with them or hope we can pull some back into CUSA?[/quote]
The only reason to want in teh nBE is to get back with some former conference teams. Sure , the $$ is better now but who knows if it will stay that way. Besides, with our luck, we’ll eventually get to the nBE and all the “good” teams will be gone.

Supposedly, according to info on CSNBBS.com, ECU has two athletics BoT meeting this week that weren’t previously scheduled.

Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerCBS

ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:24, topic:27132”]Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerCBS

ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports.[/quote]

#14 has to be UCONN… if they go to 16 then the other folks have a shot IMO.

South Florida only makes sense for ACC if FSU bolts.

fixed

I still think the BE is better than CUSA for football and basketball. It would be a big help to our basketball teams. I thikn UCONN and and maybe Lville leaves so that still makes a pretty good conference. I would prefer to play Cincy and USF than some of the CUSA teams. The basketball program would still be top 5 overall.

Yea, I agree with the posts about Terry and Judy working together. Like it or not, ECU has a huge alumni base in Charlotte. They have the product football wise, we have the remnants of a great basketball product, and we have the market. The only way we move up is with them in a package deal.

Ulg do not want ECU to roll with us. Why can’t we go with Marshall? (I understand the market synergy…but it’s still ECU.)

UMASS should try and pair up with UCONN for either Big 10 or ACC… Gillette stadium would be a good spot for a Conference Championship Game(Big 10)… Better academics than cincy, louisville, and s. fla… as those 3 and Marshall(WVU prob would not like?), Rice, and Tulsa should go Big 12… CLT and ECU to the SEC… :stuck_out_tongue: we can be the Vandy of the Carolinas :wink:

I love ECU with us. Perfect instate rival.

I love ECU with us. Perfect instate rival.[/quote]

I agree. We should still have a huge recruiting advantage on them because, well they are in Greenville and also they suck.

CBS article on realignment:

As of now, Charlotte's addition to C-USA and Navy's to the Big East are the only two scheduled changes for the 2015 or future seasons. The chances of that actually happening? Zero-point-zero percent.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21057704/

Interesting.

[quote=“HXC Niner, post:34, topic:27132”]CBS article on realignment:

As of now, Charlotte's addition to C-USA and Navy's to the Big East are the only two scheduled changes for the 2015 or future seasons. The chances of that actually happening? Zero-point-zero percent.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21057704/[/quote]I think they may be saying that the chances that those are the only two changes in 2015 are 0.0%, not that we will not be playing in C-USA. But it isn’t very clear.

Shit’s getting real y’all!

If conference realignment is all about TV markets and the Big East is currently reworking its TV deal why wouldn’t Charlotte have a small chance to join the Big East? We give the Big East a presence in state of NC and are located in a top 25 TV market. We will be playing football on campus (granted the stadium needs expansion) unlike USF and Temple that play in stadiums far from campus. We have potential to become a solid football program and we have proven we can compete in all the other sports with teams like Cincinnati, Louisville, and Memphis. I know our football program is an infant and hasn’t played a game yet but I hope if there is any chance at all in getting called up Judy and company are working their connections right now.

I think any way you spin it, today’s events do not bode well for the Charlotte 49ers.

I disagree - the only way we get into the BE or upgrade our situation is if there is a shake up above us. The shake up is happening - now it could end poorly, us in CUSA and ECU not or end great us and ECU in the BE or BE remnant league with Sincy, Memphis, USF, UCF, Temple, etc. Judy got us back into CUSA, she needs to starting working the phones again.