Confessions of a former NFL agent - must read

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/10/12/agent/index.html?eref=sihp

Great read…im sure there will be more than a couple of pissed off people after this one gets around…

They will keep doing this stuff until the NFLPA punishes them for paying college players. That’s not likely to happen though, because much of the NFLPA is made up of former payees. Doubtful the NFL would do anything about it either. It will likely be left up to the various D1 programs to try to take a stand, but I don’t know that their stand would produce any results.

I think every sports talk show “personality” just ejaculated…

That’s gonna be fodder for years to come.

Mel Kiper is going to kill at least a few people.

Great read, but really not anything that most don’t already know. Truthfully- it wasn’t as explosive as I would have thought but I think this is because this guy was small potatoes. Get a big-time slimeball like Rosenhaus to pen a tell-all and you’ll see the things like big-time stars really getting paid.

He may not be big time, but he’s big enough that his words matter. He was dealing with quite a few NFL stars. I think it is great that so many players confirmed what he said.

A guy like Rosenhaus doesn’t mess with college players from what I have seen. He just uses tactics to steal established or up and coming stars from other agents.

This is just a reflection of the hypocrisy of college athletics.

Well when Charlotte lands it’s first top football recruit I know what I’m going to do to get some big time money.

I couldn’t be an agent. Took my $, & signed somewhere else, & I get no refund. F*ck that! >:D
I ain’t have some MF’er pull a Peele on me.

Not answering if you took the $ when SI asks, the same as saying yes to me. (Let’s be realistic, you would say no, if it was no.) :))

I’m surprised that this is a surprise to anyone. Pretty common actually. I can think for 2 examples I know of of this. Even scrubs can sometimes get “help” from agents.