Congrat's to 'Cats!

'Cats get the cream of the Draft with Okafor, and Clips show why they suck so bad.

Let’s see Fizer and Okafor together, thats some muscle on the court!

I thought the trade announcement would be Nelson and White to Charlotte. Not sure how that could have been made possible but it sounded good at the time. Instead Nelson goes from Denver to Orlando and Rodney waits to begin free agent talks on July 1.

Bickerstaff blew it.

He had Jameer Nelson in his sights and couldn’t close the deal. He wasted all of the leverage he’d built up in the first round. So much for having options, as he claimed.

And WTF is the point of taking Benard Robinson in the 2nd round? He sucks.

Orlando ended up with the kind of draft we wanted.

orlando did great

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jun 24 2004, 11:10 PM [b] Bickerstaff blew it.

He had Jameer Nelson in his sights and couldn’t close the deal. He wasted all of the leverage he’d built up in the first round. So much for having options, as he claimed.

And WTF is the point of taking Benard Robinson in the 2nd round? He sucks.

Orlando ended up with the kind of draft we wanted. [/b]

Bickerstaff said they offered a future number one to Denver but Denver chose to make the deal with Orlando, instead. I have no idea why. What could have been?

I see that Jason Parker didn’t get drafted. I remember reading about him when he went to West Charlotte and thought for sure he would be in the NBA. Too bad the injuries and poor guidance have kept him out.

Okafor is a great player but something in the back of my mind says he may be damaged goods. I’ve never heard of someone with back trouble at a young age actually get better, but thats me. Going from 37 games to 82 is gonna be hell on his back. Fact is, this Draft was weak. But what the hay, hope it works out. Also, who the hell is Bernard Robinson? Weak. This guy actually has a shot at making the roster.

I’m really excited to see what Okafor can do for us. Two words: franchise player.

Okafor in '04 baby!

Sadly, Okafor was one of the best draft decisions this franchise ever made.

Yup…

If you look back at that draft there wasn’t anybody they could have realistically picked ath #2 other than Okafor. It was gonna be Howard and Emeka in some order at 1 and 2.

Missing out on Deron Williams/CP3 (news was out that both Jazz and Hornets were willing to trade their picks for the 5 & 13 the Bobcats had). They didn’t make the trade and they ended up missing out on Granger because they picked May instead…

Then they picked Morrison with players like Roy and Rondo available.

A couple years later picked Augustin ahead of Brook Lopez and Hibbert (because who needs size right?).

Etc…

One year they’ll just have to luck into number one pick and have a can’t miss stud (like Howard or Anthony Davis). I say can’t miss because I could see them screwing up a la Portland did with a Oden & Durant situation. You need luck in this business too and the 'Cats have had none.

That was fun tonight!

On pace for 1-81!

I said last night they probably have 10% of their wins now.

Congrats on OT win vs. Pistons last night. I never really paid much attention to the NBA. I noticed that on a Jump Ball, they actually jump for the ball instead of that alternating possession crap in high school and college. The NCAA has been holding out on us. Bunch of pansy a55es.