Cornbread %@$#ing Maxwell

So, I was driving down 77S today… I wanted to find out about a rumor i heard about steve smith so I regretfully tuned in to Craptime with the Assman…

To start the show they had ECU’s football coach Skip Holtz call in.

Well, suddenly Cornbread buts in (like usual) and says something I never thought I would hear…

“Excuse me sir, But I wanted to go to ECU…” when asked why he didn’t, he responded, “Because they only offered me a partial scholarship…”

Oh that’s right. Cornbread wanted to go to ECU.

I have never been a fan of this guy, anyway. But $#@% that #%@hole!

:fastgun::drool:

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;332579]Oh that’s right. Cornbread wanted to go to ECU.[/QUOTE]
It doesn’t surprise me that Maxwell, being from Kinston, initially wanted to go to ECU. Big deal! He was a kid in high school back then and had probably never even heard of UNCC until Bill Foster recruited him.

Now, I’m sure Max is glad he was a Niner. If he had been a Pirate, then no NIT final or MVP, no NCAA Final Four or UPI All-America status, and certainly no NBA, Boston Celtics, or 1981 NBA Finals MVP. 'Nough said!

[QUOTE=run49er;332582]It doesn’t surprise me that Maxwell, being from Kinston, initially wanted to go to ECU.[/QUOTE]
No issue with me. Two schools offered Maxwell full rides, both “Mean Green,” North Texas and UNC Charlotte.

[QUOTE=HP49er;332585]No issue with me. Two schools offered Maxwell full rides, both “Mean Green,” North Texas and UNC Charlotte.[/QUOTE]

and cedric wasn’t the one we were after. i believe there was a guy there that same recruiting weekend that we were really wanted more.

the guy we wanted was james abrams. wound up at acron. melvin might have been there that same weekend.

I’m sure Cornbread will claim he would have also taken ECU to the Final 4 too, but he’s wrong. That '77 team was flat out loaded with talent. It contained TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS (although Kinch was not drafted until a later season). ECU had no such supporting cast.

Someone needs to call into that show and remind Cornbread he was not the only good player on that team.

I bet ya more than a hand full of posters wanted to go to … gasp… ACC schools at some point in their HS careers. I wanted to go to Notre Dame till I was in the 11th grade when it hit me that we didn’t have a $$$ tree growing in our back yard, it also didn’t help I decided to F off most of my Jr year.

It shocks me that Charlotte fans are still shocked by things Cornbread Maxwell says.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;332602]I’m sure Cornbread will claim he would have also taken ECU to the Final 4 too, but he’s wrong. That '77 team was flat out loaded with talent. It contained TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS (although Kinch was not drafted until a later season). ECU had no such supporting cast.[/QUOTE]
Talent? That starting five had two NBA first rounders in Kinch and Maxwell, a second-rounder in Lew Massey and Melvin Wakins was a fourth-rounder.

Cedric Maxwell, '77, Boston Celtics, 1st round, 12th overall
Melvin Watkins, '77, Buffalo Braves, 4th round, 90th overall
Lew Massey, '78, Los Angeles Lakers, 2nd round, 38th overall
Chad Kinch, '80, San Antonio Spurs, 1st round, 22nd overall

Talent? That starting five had two NBA first rounders in Kinch and Maxwell, a second-rounder in Lew Massey and Melvin Wakins was a fourth-rounder.

Cedric Maxwell, '77, Boston Celtics, 1st round, 12th overall
Melvin Watkins, '77, Buffalo Braves, 4th round, 90th overall
Lew Massey, '78, Los Angeles Lakers, 2nd round, 38th overall
Chad Kinch, '80, San Antonio Spurs, 1st round, 22nd overall

Exactly.

Some coaches thought the Niners had the best starting 5 in the nation that year. That’s why someone needs to remind Cornbread of this the next time he starts running his mouth like he’s the only reason we made it to the Final 4.

It shocks me that Charlotte fans are still shocked by things Cornbread Maxwell says.
I don't think many are shocked. We expect it, but that doesn't mean we have to like or accept it........... sort of the same logic that applies to teams over 100 miles away being treated like the hometown team in the local paper.

I’m not shocked by this… I just expect stupid crap to flow when he opens his mouth.

I just find it to be an insult to Charlotte… Especially to say it on the local radio station…

Cornbread sucks and we all know it

I crap bigger than Cornbread Maxwell.

I bet ya more than a hand full of posters wanted to go to ... gasp... ACC schools at some point in their HS careers. I wanted to go to Notre Dame till I was in the 11th grade when it hit me that we didn't have a $$$ tree growing in our back yard, it also didn't help I decided to F off most of my Jr year.
doba

its how you feel later in life about your alma mater that matters, not how you felt at 17