Courier-Journal "reveals" UofL defensive scheme

Louisville Courier-Journal: Cards having a blast with press from past

In their current six-game winning streak, the Cards have forced 20.7 turnovers (including about 10 steals) per game and have won by an average of 32.4 points.

The best way to beat the 2-2-1 Is to get inside of the box between the first and second wave of defenders. If you get inside and make a quick swing pass out of it, you’ll beat it everytime.

[b]The best way to beat the 2-2-1 Is to get inside of the box between the first and second wave of defenders. If you get inside and make a quick swing pass out of it, you'll beat it everytime. [/b]

…or just simply have a point guard who can beat them to the other end of the floor at any given time. :thumbsup:

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jan 28 2005, 02:07 PM [b]
[b]The best way to beat the 2-2-1 Is to get inside of the box between the first and second wave of defenders. If you get inside and make a quick swing pass out of it, you'll beat it everytime. [/b]

…or just simply have a point guard who can beat them to the other end of the floor at any given time. :thumbsup: [/b]

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

TaQuan (stupid name) Dean isn’t fast enough for Mitchell. I think that was proved last year with the game winning coast to coast lay up.

Mitchell is incredibly fast but Dean had a double hernia last year that he had surgery for after the season. Dean in the best defender on the team so I would suspect Baldwin will not have an easy time this year. Having said that, Charlotte could come into Freedom Hall and spake the cards. The rims are very nice and the 49er’s don’t have the infighting that has plagued them in the past (as far as I know). Lots of ball to be played but that March Char UL game is shaping up as an incredible match-up.

Now for ECU. I’m looking forward to watching Iti (if he doesn’t foul out in 5 minutes) against Badiane. Badiane is about ready to break the CUSA shot block record and is playing good ball. I have the C-set so I’m set no pun intended.

Someone named “Pork Chop” says Taquan is a dumb name? pot / kettle?