Covid Vaccine Poll

NBC: CDC Updates guidance on outdoor mask usage.

1 Like

Fifty-two passengers on one flight from Delhi to Hong Kong test positive for coronavirus after landing - despite ALL presenting a negative test while boarding

clt says that isn’t good

If you’re fully vaccinated I wonder why they would say to wear a mask for just one occasion outside. Outside is outside.

Still not logical guidance. That is why people are hesitant.

1 Like

It has to do with the fact that the vaccine isn’t known prevent you from carrying the virus. So in a crowded area the mask for a vaccinated person is specifically to prevent transmission from said person.

Yes it is.

Out of the more than 75 million fully vaccinated people in the United States last week, 5,814 had reported infections. Sounds like a lot, but it’s hardly anybody if you think about 75 million people. It’s like 1 in 20,000 or something like that. So, it’s very rare,” Dr. Scrase said.

The people walking down the street all by themselves wearing a mask are just about then dumbest people there are.

1 Like

How about those in their cars alone.

Irrational fear.

2 Likes

As I said earlier in the thread we need to stop protecting those that won’t go get the vaccine. There is no excuse at this point.

1 Like

Is it above or below 50 degrees? I like the winter use

I agree with Ninerwupass. I had this conversation with my 25 yr old who thinks we should live in a box. I told her I have the vaccine and I should not have to wear a mask to protect others who have decided not to get the vaccine. It is not my issue if they decide not to get one, but it is my issue if I get one and am 95% safe, but still have to act like I do not have one. I travel South Carolina every week and they are on a different program with masks

I run about 20 miles a week at the Rock Hill Riverwalk. 1 of 10 people have masks on. Height of epic stupidity.

Correct. Been open for months with zero consequences (comparative to NC)

What about someone wearing a mask on a Zoom call?

Never pass up a chance to virtue signal.

1 Like

clt knows a guy who wears a mask to sleep and shower

A private school in Miami has warned its staff against taking COVID-19 vaccines and said it won’t employ anyone who has taken the “experimental” jab.

A Centner Academy Email sent to parents and staff explains the policy and expresses concern over how the Covid jab could impact “unvaccinated individuals.”

“Until further notice, we ask any employee who has not yet taken the experimental COVID-19 injection, to wait until the end of the school year,” reads the Monday Email. “We also recommended that all faculty and staff hold off on taking the injection until there is further research available on whether this experimental drug is impacting unvaccinated individuals.”

“It is our policy, to the extent possible, not to employ anyone who has taken the experimental COVID-19 injection until further information is known.”

I wear a mask sometimes outside when it’s pretty likely I’ll have to walk closely to someone (e.g. a narrow sidewalk in front of businesses), even if they aren’t there right at that moment. I never wore it running, but I usually run where I don’t have to go close to anyone. The research now seems clearer that it’s unlikely to pass outside when it’s a brief encounter, but that wasn’t clear before. If someone is alone in the car for the entire ride, wearing a mask is pointless, but if they are picking up someone else, it likely helps reduce the amount of virus circulating in the car when the other person gets in. So at least some of the people you see doing this may have good reason. Obviously some people do more than necessary, but I don’t really see why that matters since they are only inconveniencing themselves. I have way more disdain for people on the other side of this that are engaging in risky behavior.

Outdoors is not so drastically better that we can relax all mask wearing and distancing outside. What’s happening in India seems to be partly due to superspreading at large, outdoor maskless events (political rallies, religious events, and weddings, though at least some of the latter were probably indoors). Our higher vaccination rates would probably prevent such a catastrophe here again (as long as variants resistant to vaccines don’t become too common), but we could still see another surge and loss of life with the people who are not vaccinated that will have a chance of hurting vaccinated people too (see the recent case of the nursing homes in Kentucky and Chicago, vaccinated people were among those affected including 2 who died).

My big concern right now is that some of the variants appear to be at least slightly better able to circumvent vaccines, a lot better transmitting, and slightly more likely to affect children (who can’t get vaccinated yet). We really need a global effort to reduce transmission until children can get vaccinated and possibly until we can get a vaccine booster better tailored to the new, more dangerous variants (which I don’t think would require all new rounds of testing, due to the minor changes involved, but I could be wrong on that).

1 Like

I’m not anti mask by any means. I’ve been wearing one since last summer. With that said CDC has said for months and months that you need to be within 6 feet for 15 minutes to be at risk. I had no concerns outside or waking by people outside unless we were tight for more than 5 minutes.

As for variants and such I agree. We need as many people vaccinated as possible. We have a segment of society though that won’t get it. They aren’t going to unless it becomes dangerous. By maintaining all our masks and distancing we are protecting them from their stupidity and dragging this out. I don’t think the government has the right to force people to get a vaccine for a virus that is not lethal for the majority of the population, so we need to let conditions create themselves that forces those folks to rethink their position. I recognize though I have had much more of a self responsibility point of view on a lot of this.

IMO we just need to keep on eye on hospitalizations - as long as they keep steady or trend down with COVID cases then we need to keep moving forward.

1 Like

This. Very well said and I agree. If people don’t want the vaccine then that is on them. Why should a vaccinated person keep wearing a mask for people who aren’t and won’t? That makes zero sense.

I am vaccinated and my wife is not. She is aware of the risks but doesn’t think we know enough about the long term side effects of these various vaccines to warrant her getting it.

Bottom line - just leave us alone and let’s get on with life. If the non-vaccinated get sick, so be it. It’s on them. This micromanagement needs to cease. Cooper needs to back off, end this charade, and go back to being irrelevant.

1 Like