Covid Vaccine Poll

Nope. We didn’t suffer from not eating out. Starting last summer we did to-go orders when we wanted them, I lost 8 lbs eating mostly at home, and saved a boatload of money. Pre-Covid, our work schedules made it easier to meet at a restaurant at 6:30 and grab dinner every night, but I doubt we ever go back to that. We will probably end up eating out two nights a week, and at home the rest. That would be a big positive outcome from this crazy year.

2 Likes

I’m in favor of muting certain individuals, but, alas that does not happen.

2 Likes

Why is this post flagged and hidden?

2 Likes

I think you are under estimating the folks that are not going to get the shot. I’m just watching hospital capacity. As long as we stay under that then LFG. If the virus proliferates but the vaccine holds and the % in the hospital keeps ticking down then that’s fine as we move to living in a world where Covid is just something we live with.

Yeah no idea. Nothing in that post was controversial at all.

Pretty harmless post. Maybe someone thought it was political?

I didn’t think so.

Both sides just spouting off to fit a narrative has been the main issue with this whole thing.

I guess NA got busy with other things… but I was curious also so it took me literally 15 seconds to do a google search and find these…

Your questions was about “data” though, wouldn’t call this “data”… more science…

Just got second dose. Can I sing karaoke now?

In 2 weeks you can kiss everyone at karaoke

1 Like

I get my J&J next week. It is finished.

I have not gotten vaccinated yet. I have not heard this discussed anywhere but will this vaccine need to be taken annually?

Variants of viruses occur when there is a change — or mutation — to the virus’s genes. Ray says it is the nature of RNA viruses such as the coronavirus to evolve and change gradually.

I am not doubting there are variants. The post says “behavior creates” new variants. The articles you attached say new variants occur naturally. There is nothing I can do (or anyone else) that would “create” a new variant from what I have read. But I may have missed something.

I don’t think there is consensus on yearly shots. I guess it depends on if variants continue to push out. I never get the flu shot, if this ends up needing a yearly shot I doubt I do that until I’m older or if I run into other health issues.

I guess we are really getting into semantics at this point…

“There is nothing I can do (or anyone else) that would “create” a new variant” sure there is, spread the virus… the only way to avoid variants is to top the virus from spreading totally, either through people being vaccinated or by staying away from others and not spreading the virus…

We have been talking about this for over a year now, this hasn’t changed since back in March last year.

No covid cases = no covid variants…

How do we get to No covid cases…?? peoples behavior that was NA’s original point…

In with you, I had it and it was extremely mild for me. I’ll get the shot this year but that’s likely it.

They’ve discussed a booster to better deal with new variants, but so far most studies suggest the vaccines work pretty well to prevent serious illness from those as well.

I bet a booster will not be necessary in the end, since this is different from the flu (which I believe has more variability among the viruses that cause it). That said, it would be wise for the US and other developed nations to provide vaccines to countries that lack them to cut down on the chances that more problematic variants keep popping up in the future.